DioEnglish.com

Title: What's more important,reading or listening? [Print]

Author: fangfeline    Time: 2009-1-3 00:22
Title: What's more important,reading or listening?
With the reform of CET-4、6,the requirement to the listening is higher and higher.
It's useless if you want to get high scores only by reading.
My Achilles' foot is listening, which made me countered Waterloo .
And I believe reading more is beneficial to listening.
The biggest neckbottle is we used to recieve information by words instead of voice.
Author: haidaogui    Time: 2009-1-25 10:31
both , i think they are very important.
Author: EggTea    Time: 2009-3-16 18:59
I think speaking is more important. Since English is a language, a way to communicate other people.
If you can speak fluently, there is should be no problem with your listening.
Writing is also quite important, especially for those students who are in an English-spoken country. In order to improve the writing skill, I guess the grammar has  played an important role.
Author: EggTea    Time: 2009-3-16 19:02
I think speaking is more important.
Since English is a kind of language, a way to communicate other people. If you can speak fluently, there is should be no problem with your listening.
I think only way to improve the reading skill that is read more.
Good luck
Author: fangfeline    Time: 2009-3-16 22:20
EggTea: I think speaking is more important.
Since English is a kind of language, a way to communicate other people. If you can speak fluently, there is shoul
I can't agree with you more.
At present, I manage to improve my listening by speaking .
Thank you for your precious comment.
Author: fangfeline    Time: 2009-3-16 22:26
EggTea: I think speaking is more important. Since English is a language, a way to communicate other people.
If you can speak fluently, there is should be no p
I hearsay there is a thing called "language sense",which can assist
you in sloving the grammar quizes.As long as you own a sound language sense,you will cope with the grammar tests relaxably.
Author: aroundworld    Time: 2009-3-20 22:31
I think you are right. I think reading can improve ones english so much. but I think listening is also very important. and If you only exercise your reading and lose your listening, and you also can control your english so well.
Author: fangfeline    Time: 2009-3-21 09:09
aroundworld: I think you are right. I think reading can improve ones english so much. but I think listening is also very important. and If you only exercise your r
I have a new notion that speaking is helpful to train listening,
which is a great enlightenment to me.What about you?
Author: aroundworld    Time: 2009-3-21 12:53
Maybe you are right, but in some place, like me, haven't much chance to touch with the foreigners, and i can only thruogh the Internet to pratice my spocken. And i don't know whether such things can improve my poor english so much. And can u give me some advices?
Author: fangfeline    Time: 2009-3-21 18:37
aroundworld: Maybe you are right, but in some place, like me, haven't much chance to touch with the foreigners, and i can only thruogh the Internet to pratice my s
U should creat English environment by yourself,such as pay attention to the English signs and cultivate English thinking
means through reading more and more English origional books
or magzines.What's ur viewpoint?
Author: PAPA    Time: 2009-4-2 19:03
the subject is similar which more important between your ear and your mouth,so i think ....
Author: fangfeline    Time: 2009-4-4 15:55
PAPA: the subject is similar which more important between your ear and your mouth,so i think ....
So you think they are no comparision each other.
I keep silent to your comment.
Author: monnet    Time: 2009-4-4 16:42
They are both important. When your english reach a specify level, it's quit apparent that listening is more important to help you improve english than reading .
Author: PAPA    Time: 2009-4-4 21:59
fangfeline: So you think they are no comparision each other.
I keep silent to your comment.
i just express my thinking that the both are all important
Author: fangfeline    Time: 2009-4-9 21:10
monnet: They are both important. When your english reach a specify level, it's quit apparent that listening is more important to help you improve english than
Yeah,I can't agree with you any more.
I think listening is my bottleneck  in my English study road,
so I determine to conquer it in the near future!
And I'm very confident to that .
Author: koohuo    Time: 2009-4-13 10:56
Both are very important
Author: bin101    Time: 2009-4-14 21:05
I think both of important.
Author: Angelamic    Time: 2009-5-8 17:04
In CET-4 and CET-6,reading and listening occupied vast point.If you want to get a good mark in your CET-4 or 6,you can't ignore anyone of them.
Seeing the English films,or listen to BBC /VOA,there's many ways to improve your listening.

Welcome to DioEnglish.com (http://www.dioenglish.com/) Powered by Discuz! X2.5