DioEnglish.com

Title: English names [Print]

Author: highfive    Time: 2011-1-31 22:34
I have used a few english names but I dont think any of them fits me.   sometimes it's a weird feeling that I would associate a certain English name with a type of personality together.  The personality that is hard to describe and is not nessassarily fixed impression.  but you would have the gut feelings whether it suits a person you know.  or maybe I spend too much time watcing English TV shows, so the names always remind me of a bunch of characters in them. and It's very easy to associate and compare them together.

I dont use my English name here cuz I dont want to be recognized by the people I might know from real life.  The world is too small, let alone the internet domain.  only then I would feel completely comfortable and free to write anything straight from the bottom of my heart without being judged or estranged to them.  maybe I'm just a little bit insecure,I heard many parents name their children after the names appeared in Bible.  dont know if its true or common, but it's quite interesting.
Author: C.Robert    Time: 2011-2-9 06:43
highfive: I have used a few english names but I dont think any of them fits me.   sometimes it's a weird feeling that I would associate a certain English name w
It's quite common in countries with a religious background that people name their children after the main characters of that particular religion.

Welcome to DioEnglish.com (http://www.dioenglish.com/) Powered by Discuz! X2.5