DioEnglish.com

Title: Will you marry me? [Print]

Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-6-22 14:04
Title: Will you marry me?
For girls,

If your boyfriend doesn't afford to buy a house/apartment in the minimum of next 10yrs, will u still marry him? (Assume everyone around you think you shouldn't)

For boys,
If you are the boyfriend in the above scenario, will u propose?
Author: catnfish    Time: 2009-6-22 15:21
As a girl, I'd like to say it depends on how much I love him

I won't say that every girl has a little abacus that she counts every tiny thing in her relationship, but on this account girls will definitely weigh the pros and cons. ~

As for me, if he lets me have my fav snacks on our bed while watching girl's type movie with me and give me sweet kisses just at the right time, ignoring craps of biscuts in my mouth, I probably say yes ~

he's already more of a husband to me in such a case~
Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-6-22 15:42
catnfish: As a girl, I'd like to say it depends on how much I love him

I won't say that every girl has a little abacus that she counts every tiny thing in he
"a little abacus"  LOL      is every girl a talent accountant?i read some of your blog i find that you like travelling

so if u really love your BF, but marring him means you have to give up a lot
for instance, you favorite travelling.   
and after the marriage, u will gradually find that you've given up  far more than you expected,  and  u may possibly find that you don't love him as much as before

after all, love cannot last too long, but you always have to face the practial problem
Author: catnfish    Time: 2009-6-22 16:52
crazycool: "a little abacus"  LOL      is every girl a talent accountant?i read some of your blog i find that you like travelling

so if u reall
hmm why do I have to give up traveling? I mean we can travel somewhere close. For what I'm looking for in trips are still the same that won't change. If I go somewhere near (even just in BJ, taking a bus trip around the city with him, I still find something new and away from home)~ there are always alternatives.

it seems that you'd love to hear negative comments such as I can't marry him for he can't afford a house for us...~ ha~
Author: spaceone    Time: 2009-6-22 16:59
it's hard to say about these Q ~~as for me~ it's still too far away,but if i love him more than myself...i think i will marry him..if we love each other ,we can lay siege to it together~~
Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-6-23 10:34
catnfish: hmm why do I have to give up traveling? I mean we can travel somewhere close. For what I'm looking for in trips are still the same that won't change.
i don't think i'm seeking  the negative comments, coz i'm also a guy cannot afford a house.  maybe, i want to prove that people are getting more realistic, material or snobbish  than they used to be

i anticipated that most of the relies would say "yes if i really love him"
people like you answer yes, only in the hypothesis of   "if i really love him"
but, in my opinion, this is the most difficult thing.

i should mention, i didn't say you have to give up travelling. that was just an example. what i meant was you need to sacrifice things like, instead of traveling oversea, you can only travel nearby
Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-6-23 10:36
spaceone: it's hard to say about these Q ~~as for me~ it's still too far away,but if i love him more than myself...i think i will marry him..if we love each oth
i understand, but you have to find a person that you love more than yourself
Author: spaceone    Time: 2009-6-23 10:54
crazycool: i understand, but you have to find a person that you love more than yourself
it's very difficulty for me to find a personal and love him more than myself.. hah~~because i always can not take care of someone or     
myself ~~so failure.......
Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-6-23 12:12
spaceone: it's very difficulty for me to find a personal and love him more than myself.. hah~~because i always can not take care of someone or     
myself ~~so
then  find someone can take care of you
Author: spaceone    Time: 2009-6-23 18:26
crazycool: then  find someone can take care of you
no~~i  have to learn how to take care of myself~~
Author: spaceone    Time: 2009-6-23 19:16
crazycool: find the Mr. right to look after u is such a sweet thing
but i'd like you hear that you are learning to be independent
yes~~ I believe that soon I am the  independent  one  
..and then i can take care of myself~~not others
Author: wangfei919    Time: 2009-6-24 17:06
That a tough question, actually, although money is not a prime concern for me, but is a basic level before building a family. Well, i think if he could strive for the family, and i do love him, i would say yes.
Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-6-24 18:35
wangfei919: That a tough question, actually, although money is not a prime concern for me, but is a basic level before building a family. Well, i think if he coul
i've heard so many stories that people had broken down only because of their family's backgrounds are far different.

if your family is in the high level of social status, but your BF's family are struggling to live in the lower level, then there will be a lot resistence. no matter how you love each other, you two will be apart, since your parents are more experienced and they are always considering your future.
Author: wangfei919    Time: 2009-6-24 18:59
crazycool: i've heard so many stories that people had broken down only because of their family's backgrounds are far different.

if your family is in the high le
yep, well, i always persuade myself that i'm not a destiny-believed person. But, it might be an excuse, i attribute those things to fate.
Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-6-24 20:18
wangfei919: yep, well, i always persuade myself that i'm not a destiny-believed person. But, it might be an excuse, i attribute those things to fate.
i'm a sort of superstitious person,
i believe that my destiny had been decided on the day of my birth

i have a belief:  because of people have different characteristics, then they make different chioces, that's why we have different fate
Author: Shasha    Time: 2009-6-25 00:59
sounds a little bit ridiculous~...
Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-6-25 18:37
Shasha: sounds a little bit ridiculous~...
people have a variety of beliefs because they have different experiences and         
characters

you don't have to believe in them, but i doesn't mean thet are unreal.
you possibly will start to trust some of them as you grow up
Author: jing    Time: 2009-7-3 11:09
If i really love him!i don't care anything!!but where is he?
Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-7-3 13:30
jing: If i really love him!i don't care anything!!but where is he?
u haven't  found a man u really love?    hope u will find him in the near future
Author: jing    Time: 2009-7-3 13:34
crazycool: u haven't  found a man u really love?    hope u will find him in the near future
i am afraid that it's very difficult!!
Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-7-3 19:35
jing: i am afraid that it's very difficult!!
hard but not impossible
Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-7-3 19:37
756925876: As a man , I don't think i will do so .To me ,if  I love her ,I should take some responsebility of giving her happiness which definitly includes the b
we are like-minded men
Author: jing    Time: 2009-7-4 10:05
maybe!!!!
Author: monkeylinstar    Time: 2009-7-13 08:26
we can't decide it just by ourselves. cuz a marriage is not decided just by the girl herself. OK,if i were that boy,i would not marry with my love before i could afford her a good substantial life. though,we love each other very much, only love is totally not enough.
Author: crazycool    Time: 2009-7-13 19:49
monkeylinstar: we can't decide it just by ourselves. cuz a marriage is not decided just by the girl herself. OK,if i were that boy,i would not marry with my love bef
now i have a female supporter,  i absolutelt think love should be built on the certain minimum level of material wealth agreed by the couple

Welcome to DioEnglish.com (http://www.dioenglish.com/) Powered by Discuz! X2.5