DioEnglish.com

Title: What is your belief? [Print]

Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-10-21 21:17
Title: What is your belief?
Belief is so important not only for an individual, but also for the whole nation. However, there is a trend that more and more people are living without any belief. What do you think of that? Would you like to tell us what your belief is? Please say something about belief if you like.
Author: wying1129    Time: 2009-10-22 12:44
My belief is easy. I just hope my family and my friends are in good health and happy all the time.
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-10-22 12:53
wying1129: My belief is easy. I just hope my family and my friends are in good health and happy all the time.
I think that's your best wishes, not belief. Don't you agree?
Author: Catten    Time: 2009-10-22 13:06
Nothing special does me belief. If must say something, I belief myself and truth .
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-10-22 13:21
Catten: Nothing special does me belief. If must say something, I belief myself and truth .
Got it.
Author: wying1129    Time: 2009-10-22 13:48
Maybe
Author: Yachne    Time: 2009-10-22 14:02
A nation without conviction is dangerous.
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-10-22 16:24
Yachne: A nation without conviction is dangerous.
Absolutely right.
Author: wying1129    Time: 2009-10-23 11:08
Maybe.
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-10-24 19:12
It seems that most of people here are not interested in this topic which I think is a significant one.
Author: cabin    Time: 2009-10-30 10:05
Samaritan: Do you believe in Buddhism?
yes,i am!
Author: cabin    Time: 2009-10-30 10:13
Yachne: A nation without conviction is dangerous.
most Chinese people are believing their forefather.it means filial duty.it is one of believe!
but most of them do they believe nothing,it's really ironical!
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-10-30 10:19
cabin: yes,i am!
What do u think of it as your belief?
Does it help?
Author: cabin    Time: 2009-10-30 10:33
Samaritan: What do u think of it as your belief?
Does it help?
i think it's useful!
life likes a circle, no staring no ending!
if u really believe in it.u can not lost urself easily,especially in nowadays!
when u are mistrust urselfe,ask urselfe what's the real one u want?
recommend u to watch a play called《和谐拯救危机》
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-10-30 11:03
cabin: i think it's useful!
life likes a circle, no staring no ending!
if u really believe in it.u can not lost urself easily,especially in nowadays!
when u
Buddism advocates the true, the good and the beautiful that encourage people to do good deeds.
But it's not difficult to find that nowadays there are some people got rich by improper ways, even by illegal means.
What is your take?
Author: eternal    Time: 2009-11-2 23:31
Samaritan: It seems that most of people here are not interested in this topic which I think is a significant one.
among all the items shown on my homepage of "discussion", i enter this one directly.

my belief of life is “be low profile to others, be passion to work”

how about u?
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-2 23:56
Thank u for participating in this topic here.
I agree with u.  To keep in low profile and work hard is good attitude towards life.
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-3 00:04
eternal: that's because they don't believe in Buddhism, or at least they r not devout Buddhists.

although i have little knowledge of  Buddhism, some friends a
Maybe u r right. But I mean that rich people get rich by bad means. They breach the principle of  the true, the good and the beautiful that Buddism advocates, but they achieve what they want. Why?
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-3 00:04
eternal: among all the items shown on my homepage of "discussion", i enter this one directly.

my belief of life is “be low profile to others, be pa
Thank u for participating in this topic here.
I agree with u.  To keep in low profile and work hard is good attitude towards life.
Author: Jo_grey    Time: 2009-11-3 16:16
Perhaps we need to find out an accurate definition of the "belief" since every nation, every culture and every one may have different ideas about it. I think the belief is something that can lead someone to a better and meaningful life without doing harm to others as well as encouraging someone to marching on for the purpose of realizing the common dreams of our human beings.
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-3 16:34
Jo_grey: Perhaps we need to find out an accurate definition of the "belief" since every nation, every culture and every one may have different ideas
Each nation has its own belief, but they can have the common dream.
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-3 16:37
Auder: This term i chose a curricula--philosophy,it is useful to people who are not sure about their significance of living.here i cite a saying of a book---
That's one kind of belief.
Author: cabin    Time: 2009-11-3 16:40
wying1129: My belief is easy. I just hope my family and my friends are in good health and happy all the time.
kind girl!

Author: cabin    Time: 2009-11-3 16:43
Catten: Nothing special does me belief. If must say something, I belief myself and truth .
may i ask u a question?
what does "truth" mean?
the science?
Author: loong    Time: 2009-11-3 20:49
my belief is i hope the God can make me rather talent.
Author: Catten    Time: 2009-11-3 21:46
hehe, it means a proven or verified principle or statement; fact.
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-3 22:29
Catten: hehe, it means a proven or verified principle or statement; fact.
I beg your pardon.
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-3 22:30
loong: my belief is i hope the God can make me rather talent.
It's a good wish. good fou u.
Author: cabin    Time: 2009-11-5 11:05
Samaritan: Buddism advocates the true, the good and the beautiful that encourage people to do good deeds.
But it's not difficult to find that nowadays there are
en~
the one become to be rich by improper way this moment,but not means it can keep all the time,right?
life is continual,we can not jdecide the one by a moment.
and do u remember i said ,life likes a circle.death is not the end of our life.
the one maybe had a good material life,but his spirit.
or he would be short life.
he did something bad,there must be something bad on himself!
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-5 11:13
cabin: en~
the one become to be rich by improper way this moment,but not means it can keep all the time,right?
life is continual,we can not jdecide the one b
I partly agree with u.
But for an individual, life is short. Is it fair that one only suffers in his such a short life while the other gets rich using evil means?
Author: cabin    Time: 2009-11-5 11:39
Samaritan: I partly agree with u.
But for an individual, life is short. Is it fair that one only suffers in his such a short life while the other gets rich usin

xixi~there is a chinese old saying like this "rich can not keep over three generations". do you know that?
u just talk one side to discuss the question if u noly take this one and his generation . is it fair?
oh~~ talking over this subject in english is so difficult,i will be crazy!
but it is really worth!
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-5 12:02
cabin: xixi~there is a chinese old saying like this "rich can not keep over three generations". do you know that?
u just talk one side to di
don't u believe that the Chinese old saying of "wealth does not pass three generations" applies to good persons who make them rich by appropriate and legal means? And then, what do u explain?
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-5 21:49
cabin: do u really accept the one become wealth is only his hardwork ,lucky or something else?
you mean it is impossible?
Author: eternal    Time: 2009-11-5 23:06
Jo_grey: Perhaps we need to find out an accurate definition of the "belief" since every nation, every culture and every one may have different ideas
i totally agree with u.

belief can give our power to get through the difficulties in any course of life and help us gradually be the perfect one who we want to be.
Author: eternal    Time: 2009-11-5 23:23
Samaritan: Maybe u r right. But I mean that rich people get rich by bad means. They breach the principle of  the true, the good and the beautiful that Buddism ad
in my opinion, these people don't regard the truth,the good and the beautiful as important as good people do.even they think it is meaningless. in this realistic and complicated world,people who gain much money indubitably can earn a lot of pleasure in a way. the social atmosphere is it , for example u can see corruption is common though the government has cost much money and manpower to punish some officials. however, the fact is it that they gain the status,substance and so on they want without the punishment of his own heart and the society.
Author: eternal    Time: 2009-11-5 23:47
Samaritan: I partly agree with u.
But for an individual, life is short. Is it fair that one only suffers in his such a short life while the other gets rich usin
it's no doubt that it's not unfair. but i don't think this is the question we should concern for we can not change the atmosphere ,the fact. in the quite big  world, there r two kinds of strength namely the good and the bad,and it's common. maybe that can also be looked on as  one part of the variety of the nature.  what we can only do is try to make ourselves stand in the good side , which i think is the best way to fight against the bad.  

maybe it's a little extreme. but that's what i think now.
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-6 09:06
eternal: in my opinion, these people don't regard the truth,the good and the beautiful as important as good people do.even they think it is meaningless. in thi
So, what do they ,bad people, believe?
What's belief do they have ?Money,luxury life?
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-6 09:07
eternal: it's no doubt that it's not unfair. but i don't think this is the question we should concern for we can not change the atmosphere ,the fact. in the qu
Acutually , we are talking about Buddism, which we have to care about something.
Author: cabin    Time: 2009-11-6 11:31
Samaritan: you mean it is impossible?
en~~
some time it is!
yours' is yours.
only way to change is do something goodfor others,for the society,not for yourself!
the bad guy got wealth,maybe it's because his farther and his farther's father,maybe his families are good ones.
there is a result,must have its reason.
not noly see the result!
my explain is not so clear,i'm very sorry.
Author: Jo_grey    Time: 2009-11-6 12:17
eternal: i totally agree with u.

belief can give our power to get through the difficulties in any course of life and help us gradually be the perfect one who
Yeah, perhaps everyone has his or her own "region".
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2009-11-6 15:09
cabin: en~~
some time it is!
yours' is yours.
only way to change is do something goodfor others,for the society,not for yourself!
the bad guy got wealth,mayb
Some people believe in Buddism, some don't. But in some cases, people who believe in Buddism live in a poor life, all their life, while other non-believers got rich. What do u think of that?
Author: warmjaney    Time: 2009-11-30 11:49
christian; god will bless kind-hearted people.
Author: kakarotyjn    Time: 2009-12-9 11:41
i believe in Science
Author: NorthRooster    Time: 2010-1-31 08:36
My belief is very simple:To make the world better!
Author: NorthRooster    Time: 2010-1-31 08:39
Samaritan: Some people believe in Buddism, some don't. But in some cases, people who believe in Buddism live in a poor life, all their life, while other non-beli
It is very strange !but it is ture.
Author: Samaritan    Time: 2010-1-31 11:22
NorthRooster: My belief is very simple:To make the world better!
Oh, it's great.

Welcome to DioEnglish.com (http://www.dioenglish.com/) Powered by Discuz! X2.5