DioEnglish.com

Title: How to get rid of loneliness [Print]

Author: rainecho415    Time: 2010-5-5 21:49
Studying and reading will fulfill your mind. You can try it!
Author: Jane1986    Time: 2010-5-5 23:27
You can entertain yourself, finding something that can transfer your attention.If you have the bailment,you don't think lonely anymore.
Author: windhearer    Time: 2010-5-6 11:32
Jane1986: You can entertain yourself, finding something that can transfer your attention.If you have the bailment,you don't think lonely anymore.
Thank you for your advice indeed
Author: windhearer    Time: 2010-5-6 11:34
Thank your for your advice .Actually I have been trying what you said
Author: windhearer    Time: 2010-5-6 11:35
Thank you for your advice indeed . As you said , i have been doing that
Author: hill2010    Time: 2010-5-6 19:04
learn something new to you, another language, a new skill, to attend courses to build your body, etc. In enjoying the course, you will make lots of friends
Author: Jessica826    Time: 2010-5-6 20:38
Try to get used to being alone sometimes.
Author: sunnyv    Time: 2010-5-6 22:06
At least you have a good wife and son. Your lonely situation seems can change in future. You have things to look forward to. There are lots of lonely people around but they seem keep quiet about it and in turn suffer more. The internet is a good companion and you can talk to people anywhere in the world. If you still have time, use it to learn a new language or brush up your English. People overseas are interested in exchanging information about work and life and both may benefit. You are already better than many people and should be happy with what you have.
Author: sunnyv    Time: 2010-5-6 22:31
fairy0612: your words made me think of one thing: always be content with what you have, there always be people who are in worse condition than yours. Stop compla
Yes, remember the famous saying: "self content and satisfaction is true happiness". The pursuit of luxury in life is never ending, so be content with what you have, advance yourself in a realistic manner and do not compare yourself with others around you.
Author: sunnyv    Time: 2010-5-6 22:43
fairy0612: I did compare me with others before, but I can't remember when I get rid of this bad habbit. Every time I feel I began to envy someone, I try to comfo
Yes, right, that is the way towards a happy and content life. It can't be wrong if you handle it this way. Well said.
Author: windhearer    Time: 2010-5-7 10:23
Thank you for your excellent views and quite understanding me . It seems to me that you can always keep optimistic about everything . You are sure to be a guy of easy-going ,much willpower and capability . It is my honour for me to meet you and make friends with you .
Author: windhearer    Time: 2010-5-7 10:38
Thank you . Is it easy for you to do that ?
Author: windhearer    Time: 2010-5-7 10:40
That's true . I will .Thank you for your good advice
Author: Chaz    Time: 2010-5-7 15:50
sunnyv: Yes, remember the famous saying: "self content and satisfaction is true happiness". The pursuit of luxury in life is never ending, so be con
saw what you said, make me suddenly see the light and begin to feel relieve.
Author: fairy0612    Time: 2010-5-7 16:17
Chaz: what you say is great!
thank you
Author: sunnyv    Time: 2010-5-7 20:55
windhearer:Thank you for your excellent views and quite understanding me . It seems to me that you can always keep optimistic about everything . You are s
Wow you guys are so sincere, progressive, honest and constructive. It sure feels like home here. We all have to face different emotional, social and other problems depending on our environment and condition. Loneliness is indeed bothering most people nowadays. However, as I said, we often don't know how fortunate we are and so long as we are content with what we have, life can be meaningful and satisfying.
Author: Sarena    Time: 2010-5-11 00:02
I thought that I can get rid of loneliness by keeping  myself busy,but I was wrong.....
Author: windhearer    Time: 2010-5-11 13:00
Then later on how did you manage to kill the loneliness ?
Author: loong    Time: 2010-6-16 21:27
be bookworm,
Author: windhearer    Time: 2010-6-18 14:56
loong: be bookworm,

Author: once_have    Time: 2010-6-20 18:49
do what you like,and let you have no time to think you are lonely
Author: windhearer    Time: 2010-6-24 19:27
once_have: do what you like,and let you have no time to think you are lonely
good
Author: Vanasa55    Time: 2010-6-28 18:29
Helping people who are in need of help.
It is a surprising way to kill loneliness and it make self-content in heart.
Author: STTC    Time: 2010-7-1 20:20
You should take care of urself and not depend on ur son to bring u happiness. Discover new things. Explore new horizons, do things that u wanted to do when u were younger...and I believe u will be happier. And mosr of all, count ur blessings, and be happy with what simple things u have in life. Appreciate more....ok? Have a happy Life!
Author: Edelweiss    Time: 2010-7-3 13:37
Why don't you just enjoy being alone? This is perhaps the only period of time you can be with yourself. You may think about stuff about yourself, your life or some other things.
I am used to being alone. And I don't feel lonely. There is always something going on in my mind so that I don't feel empty even for a second. I think it's important to be alone for a while each day. You have time to think and know things better.
In case you don't get used to enjoy being alone in the beginning, here are some suggestions for you.
You may read something. In reading you are not alone. You are with a book. You communicate with the writer and you kind of like live the life of the characters in the book if it's a novel. It can be really interesting.
How about watching movies?
Say you go out with some friends. But make sure your friends don't feel lonely at the moment as you do. Because the combination of loneliness is still loneliness. If he or she has a fulfilled life maybe you will be influenced by his or her attitude.
You may just meet some people in say some activities if there is any. You have then something to do in the activities and someone to communicate with.
Last but not least, you can always come here. There will be people who would like to listen to you and understand you. You may share with us something particular about you. It is a pleasant experience to share with people something you have.
Hope won't feel lonely any more.
Author: kieren    Time: 2010-7-3 13:56
I am sorry to heard about that ,  maybe my  father has the same situation as you. All of my families are not at home but my father . Everytime I want to give a call to my father but it is very hard for me to find a topic to talk about. So we just miss other without words .
maybe you can keep a dog or a cat.[This thread kieren  2010-07-03 13:58:28 edited]
Author: mya    Time: 2010-7-7 16:37
You can learn the experience of my parents—keep pets ( such as dogs). Or you can participate in some class  according to your interests
Author: Murielwu    Time: 2010-7-7 23:37
Actually everybody is surrounding by lonliness more or less ,now and then.But we have to learn how to bear it because we are the only one accompanying ourselves till the last second. So enjoy it and never feel afraid of it. Disattract yourself by reading, doing exercising and learn how to kill or disperse time efficiently
Author: Chenlinyu    Time: 2010-8-5 20:22
do something what you‘re  interested
Author: windhearer    Time: 2010-8-16 15:08
Vanasa55: Helping people who are in need of help.
It is a surprising way to kill loneliness and it make self-content in heart.
thanks a lot
Author: windhearer    Time: 2010-8-16 15:08
STTC: You should take care of urself and not depend on ur son to bring u happiness. Discover new things. Explore new horizons, do things that u wanted to do
thanks a lot
Author: wickers    Time: 2010-8-22 19:33
So ,what are you looking forward? Haha,just kidding.
Author: edwardcu    Time: 2010-8-23 09:52
Frist I want to say you are not only person who feels loneliness, different people have different reasons when they face the problem,maybe from family ,work and so on .
    However I think these person have a commom point is they don't  know what to do when they are not busy.If having some hobby,it will be different .Frist of all ,you having soemthing to do and enjoy it when you are free, so con't fell loneliness,the second is you can make friends with more people ,these person maybe come from different trade,having vary experience,you can share it,even taste it together.like this maybe you life will be abundance.
   wish you enjoy the life.
Author: Daisy123    Time: 2010-8-26 12:50
The secret of being miserable is to have leisure to bother about wheather u r happy!
Author: Jimmy.Ruan    Time: 2010-8-26 21:10
Are u lonely while u discuss with us?!
Do u like sports?
By the way ,I tell u a secret :A tired body would let ur nervous gone.
Mabey u just neet to find something to do
Good luck!!
Author: Ebike-parts    Time: 2010-8-26 22:25
i think you should talk to your wife,pls forgive me to say that,in this way,sooner or later,the problem will come between you and your wife.
wish you a good life

Welcome to DioEnglish.com (http://www.dioenglish.com/) Powered by Discuz! X2.5