DioEnglish.com

Title: Can you live without computer or cellphone? [Print]

Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-7-10 10:20
Title: Can you live without computer or cellphone?
Nowadays we can not live without the computer or surfing the Internet. I haven't surfed the Internet since 5 days ago. During these days, I found Ifelt uncomfortable and terrible without computer. So  i turned on my computer as soon as i came back home. I fall into the habit of working the computer in my everyday life. Maybe computers as well as cellphones are an inseparalable part of our lives. so can you live without computer or cellphone now ? If you hadn't had them, how would you have lived your life or enriched your life?
Friends, I am looking forward to hearing your viwes about it!
Author: joy-forever    Time: 2010-7-10 10:24
Poor Jiajia, i can sense your feeling and agree with you....
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-7-10 10:26
thks, you can feel my mood!
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-7-10 10:27
another question is that we can not spend so much time on it, right? so how to deal with it or control yourselves?
Author: medi    Time: 2010-7-10 14:16
i recommand you a novel: the cell ,written by stephen king. It tells a story about how the waves of cellphones made the whole world crazy!
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-7-10 15:37
medi: i recommand you a novel: the cell ,written by stephen king. It tells a story about how the waves of cellphones made the whole world crazy!
thanks for your recommanding!
Author: feiyuyitiao    Time: 2010-7-14 13:41
to the contary. If without computer or cell phone Iwiil be a better life?why?next I will tell u my point.
to some aspect,mobile phone are definite blessing to people.Like any other thing in this world,it could be a double-edged sword;it has brought convenience, but disturbance has accompanied it as well.
to compare with internet,I prefer to exchange ideals with people face to face.but today all my friends are idleness to go out a  travel or take a party this sort of thing.they choose stay on the web instead.by and by we feel seperate with each other.some of my college classmates have not met for two years ,and someone never met again since graduation.Today,It's hard to invite one to go out and they see things will be done in the internet. dammit......maybe things will change without it
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-7-14 16:14
i agree with your partly.There is no cell phones and computers in the world. People still can lead a good life. However, something is invented, which can change the way people used to live. There is no denying that they have a great influence on people.
It seems that our friends and classmates who are always busy after graduation seldom have a chance to talk with us in our daily life. Sometimes you will meet them by chance in the internet. Good days have gone. You will find it difficult to complete some plan that you can do anything as you please.
Author: Nika    Time: 2010-7-14 18:58
joy-forever: Poor Jiajia, i can sense your feeling and agree with you....
the same feelings,even i cann't use my pen to write chinese and i seem to forget some words
Author: kinzhang    Time: 2010-7-14 22:57
hehe... some point of my view,i can accept life without the computer and cellphone as it is before.acturally i just treat the two tools as two ways on communication.so simply!so i am not very worried.hehe...even if lack of the two friends,i will work as usual ,go on hard work to better life and make anyone around me happy!
Author: Andy123    Time: 2010-7-14 23:14
I can't imagine life without cellphone or computer,they are part of my life and witout them I would rather die !
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-7-15 11:20
Andy123: I can't imagine life without cellphone or computer,they are part of my life and witout them I would rather die !
Oh my God, you should thank for inventors who invented cellphones and computers that saves your life, right?
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-7-15 11:24
kinzhang: hehe... some point of my view,i can accept life without the computer and cellphone as it is before.acturally i just treat the two tools as two ways on
You are reasonable to the two things. It seems that you are the one who can control oneself well and are easier to adapt the new environment.
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-7-15 11:29
Nika: the same feelings,even i cann't use my pen to write chinese and i seem to forget some words
I suppose most of people have the same feelings with you. When it brings convenience to us, and it also has a bad influence on our handwritings. It appears that people's handwriting is more beautiful than now.
Author: Tracy1987    Time: 2010-7-15 19:54
if i haven't surf the internet for a very long time ,i would feel  isolated with the world......but now i can live simple without them for i will spent more time on reading alone or do some spports, etc. then life becomes fuifilled&simple...
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-7-15 19:57
Tracy1987: if i haven't surf the internet for a very long time ,i would feel  isolated with the world......but now i can live simple without them for i will spen
I am happy to know that you can cope with the situation about that. For me, it is not easy to get rid of it totally.
Author: Andy123    Time: 2010-7-15 21:38
2010jj: Oh my God, you should thank for inventors who invented cellphones and computers that saves your life, right?
I think so,but if they had never been invented,I may not have this kind of feeling at all,so it depends !
Author: Katherinefc    Time: 2010-7-19 21:02
I can live quite well without it entering in my life, it's just  like drugs,once we have the access to  it,we can't get rid of it,or we'll feel part of ourselves missing!! sure thing,we can kick the bad habit,while we can choose not to,lol.
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-7-19 21:18
Katherinefc: I can live quite well without it entering in my life, it's just  like drugs,once we have the access to  it,we can't get rid of it,or we'll feel part o
The big question is that we often are addicted to that. Even we are becoming the slavers of the computer and cellphone, say, we are not using or controlling  them but we are controlled by them.
Author: nikkischiro    Time: 2010-8-1 23:31
often i feel it's like an electronic leash.
but, other times, it's my organizer, my everything.
Author: loong    Time: 2010-8-6 10:45
yes, i can not go no my life without modern techonologies.althought we had lost interpersonal talks face to face, we should boarden our interesting by cellphone,iphone,email,walkman,e-book,and laptop.......all of them are not outdated at present.
Author: wickers    Time: 2010-8-6 15:46
I dare to say that nearly nobody in our ages can live without the two things. Maybe you can find thousands of the disadvantages of taking much time on them, but obviously they are hard to be replaced. They play the roles as our clock, watch, pen and even all our entertainment and communication ways. Unfortunately, we have used to that. Computer and cell phone are endowed too much by us.
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-8-6 17:30
nikkischiro: often i feel it's like an electronic leash.
but, other times, it's my organizer, my everything.
So how to control them is the most important for us.
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-8-6 17:52
wickers: I dare to say that nearly nobody in our ages can live without the two things. Maybe you can find thousands of the disadvantages of taking much time on
Indeed, we get much benefit from them. But what makes sad is that some people become slaves of high technology which has a bad influence on their lives and work.
Author: leedaxun    Time: 2010-8-20 19:22
I'm sure I can. But I don't want to do this.
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-8-20 20:35
leedaxun: I'm sure I can. But I don't want to do this.
great, you know how to control yourself.
Author: Echo0591    Time: 2010-9-3 17:18
Last weekend, we went for travelling, and we saw many people use their mobile and surfing whenever and wherever.
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-9-4 15:14
Echo0591: Last weekend, we went for travelling, and we saw many people use their mobile and surfing whenever and wherever.
Nowadays, whenever you are or wherever you go, you will bring them with yourself. So it is very normal what you saw during your journey.
Author: huicong    Time: 2010-9-7 15:10
If we used to have no computer or cellphone for a long time, we all can live without these.
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-9-7 18:05
huicong: If we used to have no computer or cellphone for a long time, we all can live without these.
Agree with you. People have a strong ability to get used to the environment.
Author: ashley0707    Time: 2010-9-11 22:54
Cellphone traps people always!
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-9-21 23:07
ashley0707: Cellphone traps people always!
Yes, it has magic and we have got to use it.
Author: miaomiaoxsi    Time: 2010-9-29 23:35
do sth else distract yourself from the computer.insist for some days.It may be help~
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-9-30 15:20
miaomiaoxsi: do sth else distract yourself from the computer.insist for some days.It may be help~
Thanks, that sounds nice!
Author: yaping    Time: 2010-10-10 20:44
Need to prove, that can practice not to say no to may.
Author: loong    Time: 2010-10-14 15:35
impossible, these are production of modern civilization,if i lost chance to use it, i am outdated, oftentime i got ringxiety, a syptom i must use them, i must keep in touch , or i would feel depressed and lonely.hence,i need them that boost my happiness.
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-10-14 22:00
loong: impossible, these are production of modern civilization,if i lost chance to use it, i am outdated, oftentime i got ringxiety, a syptom i must use them
Yep, most of us can not get rid of them. Epescially when you go out without a cellphone, you may feel kind of upset.
Author: yueye    Time: 2010-10-17 12:43
I can't live without  cellphones ,but i'm sure i can live without computer.
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-10-17 14:28
yueye: I can't live without  cellphones ,but i'm sure i can live without computer.
Nice, you do better than me!
Author: eternal    Time: 2010-10-22 14:03
well,firstly  i'm a senior netizen, and i almost surf the internet all the time whereever i am, sometimes on the cellpnone, sometimes on the computer.

but i don't think i cannot live without it. although it can bring me quite a lot convience and joys, my life dosen't totally bases on internet. in my life , there's so many other things which can also give me fun. if i'm on travel ,i dont think i feel like surfing the internet, on trap contrary,i prefer enjoying the scenery and relaxing myself totally...
Author: eternal    Time: 2010-10-22 14:09
and if there're some very important things i need to concentrate on. i will leave myself to get away from any things that might divorce my mind. for instance, if i am going to take exams, i will go to the study lounge leaving my cellphone in my dorm.
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-10-22 18:57
eternal: well,firstly  i'm a senior netizen, and i almost surf the internet all the time whereever i am, sometimes on the cellpnone, sometimes on the computer.
Good for you. However, most of people can not make good use of the internet  and don't know how to control their actions. On the contrary, they are addicted to the internet games. So the most of time they spent are often wasted by themselves.
Author: Peaceful    Time: 2010-10-22 19:28
I don't know what to say something,In a word,Modern technology has brought us much convenience!
Author: 2010jj    Time: 2010-10-22 20:04
Peaceful: I don't know what to say something,In a word,Modern technology has brought us much convenience!
Yep, it bring some convenience to us. Sometimes, we seems to be the slaves of them, right?

Welcome to DioEnglish.com (http://www.dioenglish.com/) Powered by Discuz! X2.5