DioEnglish.com

Title: How to Remember the Chinese Meaning of the New Words Efficiently [Print]

Author: saint1633    Time: 2012-2-21 15:06
Maybe you should try to  memorize a smaller set , that is, the so-called "roots"  , of the European languages:  poly , tele, post , psche , tri ,  bi, para..etc , which likely can help you grasping  the meaning of an English word  easier.

Although it seems  to require  you to memorize more stuff,  in fact, it  provides  you  a framework to organize words in a more coherent way, which, conversely, enable  you to get the meanings of them quicker. The point is not how much stuff you have to memorize, but how orderly they are.

Besides, it enables you to learn more European languages , say French or Spanish, in future.
Author: ruckt    Time: 2012-3-1 13:49
Davidyucangbi: sigh. Just repeat them again and again. I ever took the GRE exam. In the last months, I mainly recited those difficult words.
Some guys from the inter
repeat and repeat
Author: ruckt    Time: 2012-3-1 13:54
the problem is confusing me.
Author: ruckt    Time: 2012-3-1 13:59
saint1633: Maybe you should try to  memorize a smaller set , that is, the so-called "roots"  , of the European languages:  poly , tele, post , psche ,
Do you mean that we remenber new words by their roots ?
Author: 2amlittle    Time: 2012-3-1 14:41
ruckt: the problem is confusing me.
The key is pratice pratice and pratice.
Author: loveisyouandme    Time: 2013-4-4 20:51
Although i am a senior student ,i think the important thing is that we should practise it again and again .i used to think learning  English is a difficult thing ,but now i have not thought it like that .

Welcome to DioEnglish.com (http://www.dioenglish.com/) Powered by Discuz! X2.5