DioEnglish.com

Title: Why we learn English? [Print]

Author: C.Robert    Time: 2010-5-27 08:24
shimizu:,I am confused, isn't your native language English,C.Robert?
Haha, no, my native language is Dutch. Almost everybody speaks English in The Netherlands/Holland, but only as a second language. We all speak Dutch here in daily life.
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-5-27 09:13
C.Robert: Haha, no, my native language is Dutch. Almost everybody speaks English in The Netherlands/Holland, but only as a second language. We all speak Dutch h
,are there many differences between Dutch and English? Ha, can you write some sentences in Dutch? I have not seen Dutch .
Author: sunnyv    Time: 2010-5-28 01:43
Knowing English does not make you rich or let you have a quality life but English language is used in most countries in the world. Once you master the language, the whole world of information is open to you and the opportunities are unlimited. It can be useful in daily use right up to scientific research purposes. It is not so difficult to learn English but it does takes time and patience. Anyone can learn it.
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-5-28 08:11
,Ye,you are right. Once one matrers English, his life will be changed absolutely. In China, the mastering of English means a happier and more wonderful life.
Author: sunnyv    Time: 2010-5-28 09:08
shimizu: ,Ye,you are right. Once one matrers English, his life will be changed absolutely. In China, the mastering of English means a happier and more wonderfu
Seem you already reached a medium level in English, at least in writing. You have the potential so just keep going and soon you will  meet success. The most difficult part is the beginning. Many people have learnt by listening to English radio TV show so you can try that too. Every word learnt belongs to you forever so never give up.
Author: Tange    Time: 2010-5-28 22:47
because we need it
Author: Ethan_xu    Time: 2010-5-28 23:05
I learn english that i will settle in US .
so I must porgress it.
as a Chinaese,the education isn't pay attention to learn English.
now ,i'm tring my best to do.
so tired.
Author: Cilla    Time: 2010-5-28 23:51
At first, I learnt it just because I have to. But now I think I really like it.
Author: C.Robert    Time: 2010-5-29 19:32
shimizu: ,are there many differences between Dutch and English? Ha, can you write some sentences in Dutch?I have not seen Dutch .
English, German, Dutch and the Scandinavian languages have some similarities.

1. Ik loop naar school
2. I walk to school
3. Ich laufe zu Schule
4. Je marche à l'école

Any idea which languages i used here?
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-5-30 10:19
Ethan_xu: I learn english that i will settle in US .
so I must porgress it.
as a Chinaese,the education isn't pay attention to learn English.
now ,i'm tring my
Ha, first of all, congratualtions.
I think the word "improve" would be more proper in the sentence "so I must progress it ".
No pains,no gains. Come on, my friend.
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-5-30 10:31
Cilla: At first, I learnt it just because I have to. But now I think I really like it.
Ha, congratulation.
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-5-30 10:37
C.Robert: English, German, Dutch and the Scandinavian languages have some similarities.

1. Ik loop naar school
2. I walk to school
3. Ich laufe zu Schule
4. Je
Oh, my God,have you been studying those four languages ?
Ik loop naar school.------------ Dutch
I walk to school.----------------English
Ich laufe zu schule.------------German
Je marche à l'école.------------The Scandinavian

Ha, is my answer right or wrong?
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-5-30 21:06
C.Robert: You are almost right. The last one is French, hehe.

Author: C.Robert    Time: 2010-5-30 21:32
shimizu:
Scandianavia is an area located in the north of Europe. It's not a country. Some Scandinavian languages are for exmaple Danish, Finish, Swedish...
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-5-30 22:06
C.Robert: Scandianavia is an area located in the north of Europe. It's not a country. Some Scandinavian languages are for exmaple Danish, Finish, Swedish...
,Ha,it is kind of you to tell me these. C.Robert, recently,I find that my vocabulary is vey poor, can you give me some advice on increasing the amount of my vocabulary, thanks.
Author: C.Robert    Time: 2010-5-30 22:26
shimizu: ,Ha,it is kind of you to tell me these. C.Robert, recently,I find that my vocabulary is vey poor, can you give me some advice on increasing the
Read books and articles on British websites and use a good dictionary to find the words you don't understand yet.

Good  luck!
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-5-30 22:29
C.Robert: Read books and articles on British websites and use a good dictionary to find the words you don't understand yet.

Good  luck!
thank you!
Author: aining7496    Time: 2010-5-31 09:12
English  is  my  interst  ,I  learn  english  not  only  to  find  my  job ,but  also to  make  myself  happy.It's  a   wonderful  thing  to master a language  of  other  country.
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-5-31 09:23
aining7496: English  is  my  interst  ,I  learn  english  not  only  to  find  my  job ,but  also to  make  myself  happy.It's  a   wonderful  thing  to master a
, "interst"-------------"interest".
Ye, It must be a wonderful thing to master English.
Author: aining7496    Time: 2010-5-31 09:40
It's  really  embarrassing  to  write  the  wrong  word ,I  am  sorry.
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-5-31 10:22
aining7496: It's  really  embarrassing  to  write  the  wrong  word ,I  am  sorry.
It doesn't matter,
Author: wanglongwa    Time: 2010-6-2 16:17
culture
Author: wanglongwa    Time: 2010-6-2 16:21
foreign culture
and tecnologies
and scienty
and ideas
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-6-2 17:39
wanglongwa: culture

Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-6-2 17:54
wanglongwa: foreign culture
and tecnologies
and scienty
and ideas
The parase "and scienty" should be "and science", how do you think?
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-6-4 08:02
Callum_West: I learn English to improve my mother tongue. They say there are over 1 million words in English now and some 25,000 added each year. We native speaker
, There is no end to learning.
Author: empty~empty    Time: 2010-6-4 12:54
,However I don't know why I learn English ,maybe just for the future.
Author: shimizu    Time: 2010-6-4 13:06
empty~empty: ,However I don't know why I learn English ,maybe just for the future.
, Ye, fluent English will help us find a better job and earn more money.

Welcome to DioEnglish.com (http://www.dioenglish.com/) Powered by Discuz! X2.5