[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

Jump to
楼主
Topic:
My Definition of Happiness.

Guiding:
Schopenhauer believed that life is a tragedy, for our desires derive from our wants(=needs and what we lack), thus we spend our time pursuing what we want while feeling sorry that we presently have not got that thing. But upon gaining our wants, we will have one kind of vague or hollow feeling that actually all the time we have been pursuing in vain. And thus we spend our time searching again. The evil circle never stops. Just like in a battle field we fight with all our might to defend, only to end up facing enemies from all around, and we fail to proctect, we die with blood crying all over the battle field(四面受敌,虽垂死挣扎,但最终血洒疆场)
叔本华的<爱与生之苦恼>, though melancholy, leads one to pondering.
There are some who say women can never be bitten by the bug of depression, though they might complain sometimes, while men are more often the sentimental kind.
Tell me about your opinions.
My name is Daniel, this is the first time I have posted a thread here, may this thread lead us to becoming friends, just like the amazing thread used by the moon immortal in the moon palace.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

沙发
Post on 2009-5-4 11:00:49 |View author's posts only
Nietzsche has been influenced by Schopenhauer a lot however he's tougher, not like Schopenhauer who can be a little bit melancholy~

but they are both great thinkers! like them both ~

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

板凳
Post on 2009-5-7 21:51:06 |View author's posts only
catnfish: Nietzsche has been influenced by Schopenhauer a lot however he's tougher, not like Schopenhauer who can be a little bit melancholy~

but they are both
Nietzsche is considered Mr Master All--literature, art,philosophy, music,math, and what not.
Nietzsche long for the life of Bacchus(the God of wine)who lived tragical heroic life, wild and strong. Yet Nietzsche fell in love with a girl student who came from afar just to learn more out of Nietzsche. (This is like my novel"Uplook")
However, the girl did not love Nietzsche in the first place and never grew to love him.
Nietzsche was thus bedridden and was gradually out of his mind, and finally died. I don't think Nietzsche was strong, neither physical or the soul.

Schopenhauer is considered the Master of Tragedy, in his beautiful language he lures one to believe everything, every one is bound to end up sad.
Schopenhauer was living a different way of life than the one he decribed in his essays. He was involved in relationship where he flirted with girls, and sex. He was rich, he went to the best restaurant to eat, to enjoy life. He, as a person, is said to be out of virtues, oh, my god. Once he got into a fight with an old woman, in a furious rage he threw the old lady down from inside a concrete building. The old lady did not die this way.
In court, Schopenhauer was sentenced to pay the old lady a certain amount of money each month.
Thus, each month, Schopenhauer was obliged to pay this sum of money he was unwilling to pay until the old lady finally died.
In his accounting book, Schopenhauer wrote down, "The old'un died, my burden off"(老妪死,重负释)
But Schopenhauer loved animals, and he could be nice when he chose to. It cannot be denied he contributed a lot to human heritage.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

地板
Post on 2009-6-1 15:04:35 |View author's posts only
So what's your own definition of Happiness, Nietzsche or Schopenhauer won't tell you how to lead your life, we're on our own. Do I feel happy now, and why shouldn't I?

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

5#
Post on 2009-6-1 18:57:46 |View author's posts only
dsunzf: So what's your own definition of Happiness, Nietzsche or Schopenhauer won't tell you how to lead your life, we're on our own. Do I feel happy now, and

I posted a topic for discussion here, the monolog I did with the thoughts of Schopenhauer and Nietzsche is just to make things more interesting as well as readable. How come you take it that this is the life, or even worse, their thoughts guide my life.
There is no happiness without sadness and vice versa, and I am living a life full of great expectations, I am taking the pleasure with the pain, just like a vagabond as well as a prince does.This is my answer, and
By the way, you have visited my post for discussion, why not give me your opinion instead of dragging me to feel like I am the one unhappy and you are the one opposite? This aint right, you know. Just share with us your opinion, not asking me my life.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

6#
Post on 2009-6-2 14:49:08 |View author's posts only
I often complained about something that made me unhappy and learned things in a negative way when I was in Senior Three.But when I went through the college entrance examination,I have changed my mind.I decide to see things in an optimistic way.I appreciate everything that my parents give to me.I also know that college life will be the happiest and most precious period of my life.So I think happiness is that you can always have something to appreciate.
P.S.What does the word THREAD mean? I can't understand this sentence"for our desires deprive from our wants(=needs and what we lack)" and "just like the amazing thread used by the moon immortal in the moon palace." Can you translate them into Chinese? Thank you very much!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

7#
Post on 2009-6-2 15:28:17 |View author's posts only
catlover: I often complained about something that made me unhappy and learned things in a negative way when I was in Senior Three.But when I went through the co
Sorry, I typed it wrong, the sentence should be "for our desires derive from our wants.
When translated into Chinese,“欲望源于所缺”每个人的幸福观之所以不同,是因为我们每个人童年的所缺乏的,我们在某种程度上潜意识地永远追求这些东西,这之所以日本有“我要发达”这部激励人心的影片,中国经历着小康,很多人心灵贫乏,所以说“没有钱也能幸福,有钱反而很多苦恼”
第二句为“愿这博客的 ‘Thread’就如月老的牵线(一样是Thread这词的不同意思的英文运用)一样,把我们千里情谊一线牵。”
今天我好像不好心情,只能这样回答你

Use Magic Report

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 13:17