DioEnglish.com

Lost Password?
 Register
Search
View: 2914|Reply: 3
Print Previous Next

Culture differences between China and Western countries

[Copy Link]
Invalid floor, The post has beeb removed.

Threads

Friends

沙发
Post on 2009-12-1 22:43:06 |View author's posts only
its a long story!haha.such as the superstition!its a funny thing to discuss,and do not  think westerner have no supersition on sth.I'm interest in it recently.and the privacy,last time,we just asked foreign teacher made a self-introduction,and he stared at us,said doubtfully"why do u want to know who I am ,where I am from,I just the friend who can help you.just enough.why do u enforce me to do this?" look,he use"enforce" to remind us,take it serious!its a big difference.coz chinese are kinda fond of inquiring about others' privacy.okay,what just I know.and then waiting for more friend to  answer u.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

11000+

VIP Member

板凳
Post on 2009-12-3 21:47:20 |View author's posts only
Here are some of my observations:

* It appears hard for Children (especially male) to tell their parents, they love them.
* Westerners are quick to tell you what is on their mind, but Chinese people like to turn around in circles before coming to the point.
* Westerners eat with spoons and forks while Chinese eat with chopsticks. Westerners have their own dish of food while Chinese share all the food on a table.
* In meetings westerners go straight into the topic but Chinese rarely go directly into the topic and tend to talk formally.
* Westerners seldom care for elderly parents and would sen them to elderly homes, while in Chinese families, at least one child would live with elderly parents.

Note: We have to consider nationalistic sensitivity when discussing these subjects. All of above are changing fast, especially among young Chinese people.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Basic Member

地板
Post on 2009-12-4 20:51:57 |View author's posts only
china'education concentrate on intellect,while  westerners are more concern about practical.

Use Magic Report

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 21:03