DioEnglish.com

Lost Password?
 Register
Search
View: 7281|Reply: 8
Print Previous Next

How do you think marry a foreigner?and have you ever thought about that?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

11000+

VIP Member

楼主
Post on 2010-4-20 19:02:46 |View Posts
fleaf: Three of my friend married to foreigners. I'm not sure they are happy or not. but for me , no! , it's so far from my family , i will miss them deeply!
Hi, I have sent my MSN address to you. Thanks for your kind invitation.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

11000+

VIP Member

沙发
Post on 2010-4-20 19:08:57 |View Posts
sddzzqq: As for me , it is beyond my thinking .
Quite suprised at your conservative thinking. This is the age of globalisation. I have seen a lot of people in China marrying just for the sake of marriage or they have reached the marriage age and I wonder if those marriages have a bright future. There should be no borders in love and marriage. People inside China are moving from their own provinces to other provinces to seek a better life and many have succeeded, others seek education and living overseas and quite many seem happily married. It really does depend on the person you are marrying, whether there is true love and a lifelong marriage. Nationality and origin does not matter.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

11000+

VIP Member

板凳
Post on 2010-4-21 11:05:26 |View Posts
sddzzqq: Yes , I agree with you that to some extent I am conservative . Everything will be OK when it refers to oversea , such as study and work , but marriage
Hope you can find your prince where you live as it appears you have little confidence is marrying overseas. The popular saying of "the world as one" seems does not apply to you. Just go according to your own thinking and instincts.  As I said, love and marriage has no limit and boundary. Love and mutual care is paramount.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

11000+

VIP Member

地板
Post on 2010-4-21 15:04:03 |View Posts
I have asked several girls about what they think about marrying foreigners and the consensus appears to be the following:
1. There are two types of foreigners, one is the wild and playboy type without any long term plans and full of uincertainty. Another type are those who are decent, family orientated, forward looking, reliable and can be a lifetime partner in marriage.  They would never marry the first type but would be happy to consdier the second type.
2. Marry a chinese person is more near to home does provide a sense of security, but a Chinese partner is normally more inward looking and the girls  have doubts about a sustainable and solid future for family and kids. They also have to care for the parents and may be live with them without much privacy and  a life of their own.
3. Marrying a Chinese or foreigner both have advantages and disadvantages. It depends a lot on the person you choose to spend the rest of your life with.

As we can see, there are pros and cons for marrying locally and overseas. It is a matter of personal choice and does not have much to do with the partner being foreign or Chinese. However, some people have prejudiced opinions about foreign marriages, so they would be against it without knowing why. Some do not even have much knowledge about life overseas and determine that life overseas is not suitable for them. China is now opening to the world, progressing and benefitting in different ways. We should not go back to the old times of confrontation and distrust. Open our minds and eyes. Your future can be in China or anywhere. All you need is your marriage partner is trustworthy.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

11000+

VIP Member

5#
Post on 2010-4-22 14:22:07 |View Posts
fleaf: So , you plan to stay in china and find a girlfriend here? haha , you should.
Waiting for the right princess to appear. I am already in China so my preference now would be a Chinese girlfriend. Anybody interested in this prince? haha

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

11000+

VIP Member

6#
Post on 2010-4-22 20:28:00 |View Posts
fleaf: haha......... give me the agency fee. I will introduce you a beautiful girl.
oh sad, need the help of an agency to find a girlfriend. Am I that bad? haha. OK I will say hi to the first girl I meet tomorrow which suits me. This is better and free.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

11000+

VIP Member

7#
Post on 2010-4-23 17:21:57 |View Posts
Sarena: Some pepole may say that " It`s not important where he/she from,the important thing is I love him/her and he/she loves me,so what`s the probelm?
Oh. I know several people who are in mixed marriages between Chinese and Westerners/South-Asians. The kids are bright, cute and intelligent. The seem to have overcome the cultural and social challenges. The only problem is with parents who sometimes are against such marriages. I wonder what are the problems you have observed?

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

11000+

VIP Member

8#
Post on 2010-4-23 17:37:12 |View Posts
lviazz: I think this according to the fate..Love has no boundary.It's only distorted by the reality..It Commercialized.
Whatever the purpose for?It's the only
Wow what a nice article. Your English may be a bit weak but yet you can still write out what is on your mind. Congratulations and well done. Your comments about foreign marriage is factual, sensible and indeed well balanced. It is not hard for you to improve your spoken English. First overcome your fright and fear in speaking English. Practice speaking in English. Once you start speaking, you will improve gradually. You already have the will to suceed, now put it into work.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

11000+

VIP Member

9#
Post on 2010-4-23 20:35:42 |View Posts
judelini: Every one has his/her ideas,in fact,the reason i start this topic is that i read an article about some bad statements about chinese girls,i think you
Oh, the Chinabounder story is fake and made up by five people who are a British man, an Australian woman, two Chinese men and a Japanese. There are plenty of news confirming that Chinabounder is a fake. Unfortunately, it is causing lot of tension in Shanghai and some people are going against foreigners. What a pity.
News about the fake:
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2006/09/01/2003325691

Use Magic Report

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 03:35