DioEnglish.com

Lost Password?
 Register
Search
View: 2527|Reply: 4

what kind of new year rituals do you observe?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

Post on 2011-2-2 22:56:27 |View Posts
highfive: I've observed many rituals like wearing red new clothes, having dumplings in family get-together dinner, cracking fireworks, visiting relatives and fr
i like your being straightforward. this attribute is something we lack in this world, where people, consciously or unconsciously, try to hide their true feelings and wear a mask instead. i admire your courage. extablished practices and customs are hard to change and we sometimes just float along in the fast flowing river. being an individual, i have to selectively refuse or sometimes make a compromise. however, i believe sensibility will finally beat irrational feelings; sincerity will eventually defeat hynocricy. my principle is that i stick to my own judgements in my heart and tolerate the unchangeable. i always keep a dream in my heart and try to reach for it no matter what comes. the outside is not in my control, but i should have full control of myself.
when i said rituals, i mean the traditional rites some people do in the spring festival such as guonian and jizu in chinese. they seem complicated and people here usu do them under the guidance of old people.  wishing you a truly happy chinese new year !

Use Magic Report

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 02:56