Print Previous Next

how to make a plan about study english?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

楼主
Post on 2010-8-11 09:52:00 |View author's posts only
rosewinter 2010-08-08 13:16
I want to study english ,oral english.reading ,listening.,how to make a plan?
Rosewinter, like what you said, there are oral, reading, listening and writing.  They seem like 4 isolated sections but they should be two groups, I think, speaking and writing are 'output', listening and reading 'input'. So  for any language, input is the basic knowledge you have to have and then it is easy to take care of the output. Take it easy and enjoy the process, then you will go!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Basic Member

沙发
Post on 2010-8-11 10:01:22 |View author's posts only
I study english long time.but I can't output easily.so how to do? my method is wrong? so could you tell me how to do ?

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

板凳
Post on 2010-8-12 09:59:45 |View author's posts only
If you have already had enough basic, then just pull them out. I think most of people not good at speaking is not just because of different language. I am not sure which situation you are in. But if you feel shy or short of communication facing strangers, I suggest to go outside for a job or social meeting about using English so that you will get touch with English-speaking strangers. This is important. Personally, I do not agree to practise with English-learners. There is a culture difference you have to feel and know how to switch by yourself.  The first step is hardest. There is no shortcut but embrassing self hundreds of times. The secret I'v often used is to think what you would do when you speaking native language.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

地板
Post on 2010-8-12 10:20:49 |View author's posts only
While looking through a few questions above, I like to add sth about how to open your mouth in detail. Normally, we are nervous to speak English for two reasons: not confident to pronunciation and not sure what to say. First step to make your pron. right. It is easy to follow: to imitate movies, music or poets etc. For the 'what to say' part, it is a bit skilled. You need to know the context before your conversation. For instance, if the conversation is about weather, then you need to prepare how to talk about weather. As what textbooks say,phonecall, shopping, direction conversation are the basic ones. But I feel for myself to depict some simple stuff is hardest, eg, depict a lamp, a person, or an animal. It turns around back to the writing and reading ability. So input is still crucial like what I mentioned.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

5#
Post on 2010-8-12 17:42:22 |View author's posts only
from elementary school to the collage, I have studied English about 12years. But nothing I have studied.Maybe the method is wrong. I hope I can spoken Eglish fluenly someday.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

6#
Post on 2010-8-13 05:38:21 |View author's posts only
Better English: How to make a plan for studying English.

English hints: Use a space after a comma, never before a comma.  Capitalize the first letters of proper nouns, such as "English."  A period and comma are never used together, normally "listening.,how."

The best way I have found is to use many methods of study and then track the amount of time I study.  If I do not keep track of how much time I study, I do not study enough. But if I write down how much time I use, I study more often.  When I keep track of the time, then I know I am studying or I know when I am goofing off!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

7#
Post on 2010-8-13 05:39:23 |View author's posts only
Judy14: I have the same difficult. I know it need improve step by step,not just one day or two day.
Better English: I have the same difficulty. . . . step by step, not . . . .

That is, use a space after a comma.  Notice the one word I changed too.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

8#
Post on 2010-8-13 05:39:58 |View author's posts only
wickers: Persist in it. Most of time lazy is the biggest barrier. Let us encourage each other!
One better word: laziness (instead of the word lazy).

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

9#
Post on 2010-8-13 05:41:03 |View author's posts only
Macy-chen: I found that  speak more english is better than to write ,but always I'm afraid to speak,what can I do?
Join my Skype calls at 8 p.m. most Saturday's.  Contact me as "headsedge" on Skype.  pH

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

10#
Post on 2010-8-13 07:15:21 |View author's posts only
rosewinter: thanks for your suggest.I wish could to know the plan detail.for example.we need pay attention to the oral english 3 hours or 2 hours,how to spend the
Better English: Thanks for your suggestion.  I wish I could know the plan in detail.  For example, we need to pay attention to . . .

The amount of time is not important, although more time is always better.  Thirty minutes four times a day is probably better than two hours without a break.

Use Magic Report

123Next
Return Post New Thread

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 17:45