DioEnglish.com

Lost Password?
 Register
Search
View: 3160|Reply: 8
Print Previous Next

What methods do you think may be effective on the traffic gridlock of Beijing?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

Jump to
楼主
Post on 2011-1-27 18:10:51 |View author's posts only |View in descending order
Nowadays, morning peak and evening peak have become a nightmare of many white-collars in Beijing. Recently, the government has brought a method into effect, called license-plate lottery. Do you think this will help to resolve the traffic gridlock? What advantages and disadvantages do you think this method may have? Or you may put forward your own method.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

沙发
Post on 2011-1-27 18:48:21 |View author's posts only
as i see it, it will never solve this traffic problem in beijing. it is a temporary solution. however, it can slow down or avoid further worsening the situation. with such a big population, there's no effective meathod at all for the time being, unless some kind of hi-tech is invented or presents itself like somethng that can make it possible to park all the vehicles underground in multilayers, not the normal parking lots. though the prospect doesn't look good, we humans can come up with some ideas to live with it.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Basic Member

板凳
Post on 2011-1-27 20:52:22 |View author's posts only
for starters, the basic structure of beijing's road network is problematic!  i heard, when the capital was first shifted to beijing, liang sicheng and some other architects proposed the government should preserve the "old" blocks of beijing while construct zones of different functions outside as the "new" beijing city.  however, the authority refused and made a complete mess of the transportation infrastructure.  
then again, such a large population with constant ongoing influx of people from all directions is also the problem.
some suggest that the subway network in beijing is too weak and inconvenient.  they say we should learn from tokyo and paris to build a massive and interconnected railway network to relieve the pressure of the roads above.
as for me, I'm planning to leave the city no later than the end of this year.  one more person will be gone, and I wont have to suffer from the horrible traffic anymore.  so problem solved for me,

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

地板
Post on 2011-1-27 21:29:25 |View author's posts only
rich: as i see it, it will never solve this traffic problem in beijing. it is a temporary solution. however, it can slow down or avoid further worsening the
Yes, I hope we can at last find out an idea.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

5#
Post on 2011-1-27 21:31:09 |View author's posts only
highfive: for starters, the basic structure of beijing's road network is problematic!  i heard, when the capital was moved to beijing, liang sicheng and some ot
Haha, good, you won't suffer any more. And I still have to bear it...

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

VIP Member

6#
Post on 2011-1-27 22:57:39 |View author's posts only
In my opinion,shoulf control the quantity of the government's cars,Most traffic Jams come from the government's cars.They have nothing to do,Just go folr travelling,from one side to another,attend some meetings,Every leader has one car.HUM...

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

7#
Post on 2011-1-27 23:25:49 |View author's posts only
jakia_zou: In my opinion,shoulf control the quantity of the government's cars,Most traffic Jams come from the government's cars.They have nothing to do,Just go f
I agree. There are so many government's cars being used for private purposes.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Basic Member

8#
Post on 2011-2-23 22:28:25 |View author's posts only
i my opition , the best way for this is to cut function of beijing , take beijing as a culture center not a economy center and take advantage of spare resource to developer surrunding city. it's best for the all of us expect the govener.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

9#
Post on 2011-2-23 22:41:41 |View author's posts only
feiyuyitiao: i my opition , the best way for this is to cut function of beijing , take beijing as a culture center not a economy center and take advantage of spare
Yes, Beijing has too many functions.

Use Magic Report

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-23 17:38