View: 5938|Reply: 24
Print Previous Next

how to be a good speaker?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

楼主
Post on 2010-12-2 19:15:31 |View author's posts only
first, have confidence and don't be afraid of speaking; then, enjoy yourself. Practice makes perfect!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

沙发
Post on 2010-12-4 18:00:38 |View author's posts only
to be a good speaker , you have to listen first and foremost , such as , BBC news , VOA special English , CRI , and watching movies as much as you can . secondly , do more wholesome readings . the last but not the least , open your mouth , speaking to people around you , chatting online , and retelling stories with your own words as well as concluding the main idea of an article . as long as you do according to what i have mentioned above , you will make a step forward to conquer spoken English . i was a teacher . thanks .

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

板凳
Post on 2010-12-4 21:27:24 |View author's posts only
Practise doesn't make you a perfect speaker, but it will help you to become a better one.

First of all, knowledge of the language is important. Second, it's important to be yourself when you are speaking in public. Third, have eye contact with your public. Fourth, if possible, be prepared, know what you want to say. Fifth, use humor and so on...

Literature tip: The Oxford guide to speaking in public

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

地板
Post on 2011-1-24 13:08:35 |View author's posts only
C.Robert: Practise doesn't make you a perfect speaker, but it will help you to become a better one.

First of all, knowledge of the language is important. Seco
aha,you always give us some good suggestion

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

5#
Post on 2011-1-25 15:31:08 |View author's posts only
i agree with C. Robert. if you have to speak impromptu, being yourself is the most important. Highfive also has a good point here. if you focus your attention on the content, just say what you want to say, you stand more chance to make a good public speech. in the long run, however, you'll have to improve yourself by reading,seeing or participating. experience plays an important role in this.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

6#
Post on 2011-1-25 19:54:11 |View author's posts only
As an English major, i can safely tell you that the acquirement of knowledge about English is not enough for you to be a good language speaker. To be honest,  I am familiar with quit a lot of English words, structures , expressions by listening to the BBC, even tried to mimic the British accent, watching English original movies and reading varied news sources from the CCTV 9 international, but it doesn't work apparently. I have good prounciation, well , I think so, but can not be qualified as a good English speaker for lacking of  logic to express naturally in English , the speech and conversation were empty, and sometimes even can not find more words to enrich it . It upsets me.
For my experience, I believe that the environment is very important for a language speaker, so if it is available , to study abroad is strongly recommended and when the condition is limited,  try to creat the environment surrounding you by your own self. Moreover, write more is a good way to practise your logic and improve your expression, It is the thing  i am doing now.
Hope you can benefit from it. Wish you good luck.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

7#
Post on 2011-5-20 15:11:46 |View author's posts only
to this question,i must say confidence is the most of foundation. confidence plus interest plus hard work equals good speaker.another important factor is your pronunciation,if your pronunciation is not good enough ,you should read the article following the tape. and when you make a speech you should consider yourself a global citizen,not just standing  here reciting.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

8#
Post on 2011-6-22 11:18:44 |View author's posts only
lushanshan9010: to be a good speaker , you have to listen first and foremost , such as , BBC news , VOA special English , CRI , and watching movies as much as you can
Teacher Lu,
I will do as your reply,I have confidence to conquer my spoken English .But I have some  doubt about  my vacabulary,how to enlarge it fast and effectively?

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

9#
Post on 2011-6-22 14:09:52 |View author's posts only
sophie10: As an English major, i can safely tell you that the acquirement of knowledge about English is not enough for you to be a good language speaker. To be
Thanks,your give us so many constructive suggestions .Maybe many English learner can benefit from it,but to me,I think it wouldn't work for me,new words,new expressions will trouble me ,I'm afraid of that I will lose confidence and interests before difficulties.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

10#
Post on 2011-7-11 18:53:20 |View author's posts only
try to read more , and learn to remember new words through sentences and expressions while you are reading , that is supposed to be one of the ways enlarging vacabulary. another way is to learn words by thinking , let me explain it . when you see the word, say " good" , you should think the same meaning one, like"well ", "better","best", and "great". then by this way can you enlarge your vacabulary well , i suppose . Just you try ! break your leg !

Use Magic Report

123Next
Return Post New Thread

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 21:13