DioEnglish.com

Lost Password?
 Register
Search
123Next
Return Post New Thread
View: 5417|Reply: 20
Print Previous Next

How do you think of the current college examination, my dear friends?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

Jump to
楼主
Post on 2009-6-12 10:12:53 |View author's posts only |View in descending order
I think something goes wrong with our current college examination.

[url=]Today I finished my exam of [/url][url=]European Culture[/url]: an Introduction, which is only one of the subjects that go wrong in the examination. Before the exam, the teacher gives us an outline in which nearly all the examination questions are included. What we need to do is to pick out the answers in the text book and then recite them. So it can be concluded that when you take the exam, you just put down what you have remembered onto the exam paper, and the better you recite, the higher the score you will get. That is the problem.

Many students do not show up on the class, or even if they do they do not listen to the class. When the exam comes, they just recite, and usually they can pass and sometimes get a high score. Another  intolerable thing is the cheating. It is usually the fact that after the exam, the students will forgot all the things they recite quickly. So what the significance of the course? Just for the students to know there is such a course?

Take European Culture for example. It is a course covering a lot of spheres, such as literature, philosophy, politics, economy, music, architecture, science and so on. So it is not an easy-learning subject. But some students still get high scores. However, does a high score mean the student has well master the course? No! If the teacher does not give an outline about the exam, those who have got a high score may even fail the exam.

Therefore, we must reconsider the current college examination. How do you think of it?

Thanks.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Basic Member

沙发
Post on 2009-6-12 11:33:31 |View author's posts only
The current examination, I think we must reconsider it about different period of education, the college's and before.
I think, our country's college examination had a tide from europen country, we had also been given an outline from our teacher.
But the exames before college, we did it very strictly, it's a Chinese Mood.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

板凳
Post on 2009-6-12 11:39:59 |View author's posts only
yeah. the exam is much more fair in the middle school than in the college

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

地板
Post on 2009-6-12 13:11:37 |View author's posts only
I don't think. In china, examination is most suitable.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

5#
Post on 2009-6-12 13:17:36 |View author's posts only
a beautiful writting.yes, you are right,that is a very bad systerm,i hate that,and it's really not fair,i think our education department,our school,our teacher should reflect this. it's serious.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

6#
Post on 2009-6-12 13:31:18 |View author's posts only
susan_shi: a beautiful writting.yes, you are right,that is a very bad systerm,i hate that,and it's really not fair,i think our education department,our school,ou
yes, if not, the significance of college education will gradually disappear

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

7#
Post on 2009-6-12 13:40:06 |View author's posts only
JimKingWang: yes, if not, the significance of college education will gradually disappear
are you still in school?and your major is english?i think your english is not bad.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

8#
Post on 2009-6-12 14:47:43 |View author's posts only
susan_shi: are you still in school?and your major is english?i think your english is not bad.
yeah, a junior.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

9#
Post on 2009-6-12 20:04:13 |View author's posts only
It's a waste of time, momey and spirit. After the examination, the student suddenly realized that there were nothing they had got, so they started to relax themselves in different ways, forgetting study in college.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

10#
Post on 2009-6-12 20:27:57 |View author's posts only
The question is why they got nothing after the examination. We should think about this, and try to get some solutions. In my opinion, I think the reason why the students got nothing after the exam is that they do not pay enough attention to their study at all after they enter into college.

Use Magic Report

123Next
Return Post New Thread

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 08:58