DioEnglish.com

Lost Password?
 Register
Search
123Next
Return Post New Thread
View: 5508|Reply: 20
Print Previous Next

How do you think of the current college examination, my dear friends?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

Jump to
楼主
Post on 2009-6-12 10:12:53 |View author's posts only |View in ascending order
I think something goes wrong with our current college examination.

[url=]Today I finished my exam of [/url][url=]European Culture[/url]: an Introduction, which is only one of the subjects that go wrong in the examination. Before the exam, the teacher gives us an outline in which nearly all the examination questions are included. What we need to do is to pick out the answers in the text book and then recite them. So it can be concluded that when you take the exam, you just put down what you have remembered onto the exam paper, and the better you recite, the higher the score you will get. That is the problem.

Many students do not show up on the class, or even if they do they do not listen to the class. When the exam comes, they just recite, and usually they can pass and sometimes get a high score. Another  intolerable thing is the cheating. It is usually the fact that after the exam, the students will forgot all the things they recite quickly. So what the significance of the course? Just for the students to know there is such a course?

Take European Culture for example. It is a course covering a lot of spheres, such as literature, philosophy, politics, economy, music, architecture, science and so on. So it is not an easy-learning subject. But some students still get high scores. However, does a high score mean the student has well master the course? No! If the teacher does not give an outline about the exam, those who have got a high score may even fail the exam.

Therefore, we must reconsider the current college examination. How do you think of it?

Thanks.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

21#
Post on 2009-8-15 21:17:31 |View author's posts only
At college, passing the exam is quite eay,however,learning what we badly need is difficult.Obviously,taking part in such kind of exam is meaningless.After all,the keys to the problems we may confront with in our future job will not tell us in advance.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Basic Member

20#
Post on 2009-7-9 22:54:10 |View author's posts only
JimKingWang: yeah, i agree with you, my friend, but it is hard to change. now i am considering whether it is better or not for those who major in literature or in
So the student is the victim to such  education   system.And so will be  our next generation

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

19#
Post on 2009-7-8 23:44:21 |View author's posts only
756925876: College exam is easy to pass !one week is OK ,and you can get a good mark without hard usual study if you have a good memory .
      At the sa
yeah, i agree with you, my friend, but it is hard to change. now i am considering whether it is better or not for those who major in literature or in politics to take the exam of eight-part essays or Baguwen.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Basic Member

18#
Post on 2009-7-7 23:46:01 |View author's posts only
College exam is easy to pass !one week is OK ,and you can get a good mark without hard usual study if you have a good memory .
      At the same time ,you can't get much from such kind of  education  system.
      That is why we fall into the  embarrassing situation that gradutes can't find a job and the employer are restless for no competent employee
      But one thing is true :Colleges  make a good fortune to getting more rich

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

17#
Post on 2009-6-25 09:11:15 |View author's posts only
i am agree with you,there is no difference between honest student and exam - cheating one, honesty does not mean that all will not do some things against their principal,it is an unusal in the exam,for example,she should do somethings in their spare time, and then she should got high score in their exam,therefore,they will be got the shortcut to reach it.have a nice day, friend!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

16#
Post on 2009-6-22 12:48:42 |View author's posts only
Good point, my friend, but I don not think there is no difference between honest student and exam-cheating one. For those who keep cheating, they have much more free time to take part in some other activities, such as some trainings, than those who spend most of their time on study so as to get a high score in the exam. What we prefer, my dear friend, in my personal view, is to make a balance between study hard and accept some course-related trainings. Actually, some trainnings are aquired by the students themselves in their free time.
Have a nice day, friend!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

15#
Post on 2009-6-22 12:10:59 |View author's posts only
Oh, this is a seriously topic. I think the author said is only one aspect of current enducation in China. In my opinion, chinese governmant must do some basic change for education system. Maybe add more traning and skills course at college. For example, my sister majored Chinese in university and studyed very hard at her professional courses. She promised that she never copied or cheated in the exam. I trust her honest promise, but I can feel the all she has got at university is only studying professional course. No expanding, no training, no skills ...   Now, she graduates, but she faces another seriouly problem that she can not look for a good job. So, there is no distinguish between honest student and exam-cheating one.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

14#
Post on 2009-6-21 10:48:31 |View author's posts only
i completely agree with you. sometimes the school may exhibite some notices about plagiarism or cheating, but when the teachers invigilate, they seem to pretend to ignore some unhonest behaviors because they want no students to fail in their course. so it is really annoying.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

13#
Post on 2009-6-21 10:33:47 |View author's posts only
oh, it is a good topic, i like this topic,and i hate this system that the teachet give an  outline to the students which all the examination questions are included.i think it is harmful to the students,even though the teacher given an outline to the students in which all the examination questions are included.and then the students don't recite it, they will write it on desk or a paper, after the examination, they  will get the high score, sometimes we felt it is not fair. as the saying goes,“reap without sowing". when you do it at school,it will become a habit. so i feel the shool should abolish it.

Use Magic Report

123Next
Return Post New Thread

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 03:37