DioEnglish.com

Lost Password?
 Register
Search
12Next
Return Post New Thread
View: 3984|Reply: 16
Print Previous Next

Should i be totally obedient to my parents?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

Jump to
楼主
Post on 2009-7-29 21:10:12 |View author's posts only |View in descending order
Eight years ago when i was a sophemore, i met my boyfriend. He was a little shy when talking with me but quite talktive and cheerful with his old friends. Both of us made each other a good first impression. So we kept in touch each day, calling, meeting, learning together, morning reading together, taking sports together... in a word, we nearly did everything side by side. One year later, i accepted his pursuit and became his girlfriend. This is our first love and we didn't have any experience towards our parents. With delight, i led him to meet my parents in the fourth year in university, thinking my parents can accept my boyfriend. Unfortunately, the first meeting was unhappy, the reason of my parents was that we couldn't fall in love when we were still students.  We had to part with love still going on.
  After graduation, i started my career as a teacher in a senior high school while my boyfriend didn't find a job. i worked at a place far away from my hometown, feeling lonely and helpless. My boyfriend often came to visit me, which made me feel safe and dependable.  In that summer vocation, we referred to our plan of marriage with my parents, but they still didn't accept my boyfriend, saying that he didn't have any job, which could be harmful to our marriage and family. Again, we had to part with love still going on.
   He got a good job in my hometown one year later and i obtained my master's degree after two years, and according to the contract, i had to work in the same school for two years. But time wait for no man and we planed to go to the same place after two years. i rementioned my boyfriend to my parents, but they were extremely angry hearing his name, saying we now were not at the same level and above all, we were not at the same place! They strongly damanded me to part with my boyfriend forever because they said they couldn't foresee my happiness with my boyfriend! This is what happened a week before.
   Every time my parents didn't accept my boyfriend--namely, we have been boyfriend and girlfriend for nearly eight years, but actually the time we have been together was no more than one year after graduation. Worst of all, my parents never gave us any opportunity to talk love under a peaceful environment! In order to separate us, every possible poor adjective  has been applied to modify the very boy in my heart. So to speak, every time i listen to my parents with my heart bleeding. I also expressed my love and opinion on love to my parents, but they didn't care about my emotions at all! It seems that i should always be obedient to them, only this can i be a good girl to them; only this can i be a sister to my sisters and brothers; only this can i still be their daughter! Every time my boyfriend and i got a progress, they always have the reason to oppose us!
   i don't want to see my parents' heart- broken expression, on the other hand, i am not willing to hurt my boyfriend. Above all, we have true love with each other, and we can't imagine what it will be like if we have to find another one to live with. The fight lasted for nearly eight years with he and i being the failures, which cannot but discourage both of us!
Now i am in the dilemma. Dear readers, if you were me, how will you tackle this hot potato? Please give me your kind suggestions, thanks a lot!  

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

沙发
Post on 2009-7-30 10:14:41 |View author's posts only
If i were you,i'll hold this love tightly.As love is something that you can meet with but can not ask for,especially for true love,we must keep and cherish it or we'll definitely be repentant when we do lose it.Whatever the difficulties we encounter,as long as there's always a faith in our heart, i believe nothing would be a threat. Bless you and your bf could be together eventually.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

板凳
Post on 2009-7-30 10:17:40 |View author's posts only
so sorry to hear that .....u'r so pitty!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

地板
Post on 2009-7-30 10:46:51 |View author's posts only
Thank you for your support and  understanding! i really feel more comfortable seeing your reply.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

5#
Post on 2009-7-30 14:03:05 |View author's posts only
I have imagined before if my parents won't accept my boyfriend, I won't get married until they accept him, although I won't fight with my parents about that. I don't know why your parents won't accept your boyfriend, since he has already got a good job. Do they want you to marry one richer with a master degree, or do they just want you to obey them unconditionally? How much have they learned about your boyfriend? Have you talked with your parents about that? Please don't worry too much about that. Every problem can be solved.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

6#
Post on 2009-7-31 09:45:26 |View author's posts only
if i were you ,i can't give up my love!
i am a filial children for my parents!i will to consider their feelings before i falling in love!cos they are important person for me!
but now i understand you!you don't know how to choose love and family,i don't know why did parents oppose you!
You can play for time,maybe this is a way!good way!!
my sisier is doing that! The most important for your parents  to look at the performance of your boyfriend!
精诚所至,金石为开!Do not give up your love!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

7#
Post on 2009-7-31 10:40:33 |View author's posts only
Thank you! i'll make any effort.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

8#
Post on 2009-7-31 14:03:30 |View author's posts only
小莫: I have imagined before if my parents won't accept my boyfriend, I won't get married until they accept him, although I won't fight with my parents abou
i've tried every possilbe means i can imagine but every time it didn't work. Now i feel frustrated and hopeless though there's still love towards my bf. This is the most devilish problem i ever met.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

9#
Post on 2009-7-31 16:08:07 |View author's posts only
You can marry secretly, when you have a babay, you parents have to admit you and your boyfriend!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

10#
Post on 2009-7-31 16:26:11 |View author's posts only
Hehe~ I've thought about that way but i really cannot do like that because i thought a marriage without the support of parents may not be a happy one and i really can't imagine how they will respond on that occasion. So to speak, i'm now in extremely mixed emotions.

Use Magic Report

12Next
Return Post New Thread

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-23 14:10