DioEnglish.com

Lost Password?
 Register
Search
View: 3137|Reply: 5
Print Previous Next

Questions Involved With Translations(反斗翻译)

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

Jump to
楼主
Post on 2009-7-30 10:01:44 |View author's posts only |View in descending order

Whenever you feel baffled about translating English into Chinese, or vice versa(反之亦然), please post your questions here. I feel it in my heart that a lot of English learners on this blog can provide help.
问题越怪越好,因为这才是“反斗”的宗旨 。如果发中国特色的词汇,请尽可能解释这个词是哪里的,最好有桔子。如果是英文的话,最好是句子,还更好的是有原文,语境,给出词汇或句子出现的领域,工作行业等等。

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

沙发
Post on 2009-7-31 10:18:25 |View author's posts only
Please give examples!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

板凳
Post on 2009-7-31 10:55:13 |View author's posts only
I have learn a new word this morning, how could I share in here, the word is "Deja vu"[ Déjà vu ] Apparently, it must be originally a French word, meaning according to the dictionary: feeling that one remembers an event or scene that one has not experienced or seen before.

Here goes the passages
“People are no different,” stated the American. “There are two things everyone must experience in life, who can tell?” he asked. “Death, right! Another, taxes.” Jolly and Leo nodded their heads.

“But not everybody here is aware of their identity both as a citizen and as a taxpayer,” I put in a word, and then examined the words the American jotted down on a piece of paper: déjà vu, precognition. Oh, I thought of such words as empathy, sympathy, telepathy; apathy, indifference, callousness. Foresee, foretell, predict.

“A few days ago in the countryside we met a predictor,” said Louis.

“That is fortune-teller,” corrected the American.

“Okay, a fortune-teller who predicts that he is bound to hurt himself if he gets married.”

“Yes, and I felt so upset that I got drunk at the party” the American forced a smile and held his partly bald head in hands.

“Spiritually or physically? When, where, how and why? Why didn’t you ask the fortune-teller these in detail?” I teased Louis, and a hearty laughter broke out.

Déjà vu, déjà vu! This seemed to have happened before, in some teahouse. I looked around and silently reached for my cup of tea.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

地板
Post on 2009-7-31 11:36:33 |View author's posts only
jing: Please give examples!
Whatever you find difficult in translating, you can post it or them here.
Examples? Why examples?
Like you don't know how to understand, nor do you know how to translate sth like this "She has died the wife of another man"

You can post it here. Me and other English learners can help you.
Let's improve our skills of translation together.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

5#
Post on 2009-7-31 11:41:05 |View author's posts only
SmilingAngel: I have learn a new word this morning, how could I share in here, the word is "Deja vu"[ Déjà vu ] Apparently, it must be originally a Fren
Thanks for sharing the story, I have learned sth new.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

6#
Post on 2009-7-31 12:27:36 |View author's posts only
danielrayslee: Thanks for sharing the story, I have learned sth new.
I am glad to hear that. Thanks.

Use Magic Report

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 02:16