DioEnglish.com

Lost Password?
 Register
Search
123Next
Return Post New Thread
View: 7253|Reply: 20
Print Previous Next

What kind of supernatural ability do you want to have ?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

Jump to
楼主
Post on 2009-8-21 10:50:55 |View author's posts only |View in descending order
The other day, I finished the first season of US TV show Heroes. Then , a weird idea hits me that if I were given the choices to have one kind of unique gifts just like them, which one do I want to choose? At the very beginning, I want to be able to read others’ mind just like the police officer does, but later when I give it another thought; I don’t think it will make my life happy if I really can read others mind. On the contrary, it will be disastrous, I think.  Hence, we need to be really prudent to choose one we really want. Now I’m really curious to know if you were given such a chance to choose one kind of them, which one will you choose.

To facilitate your procedures, I will provide a rough list of supernatural abilities here.

1 The ability to heal itself from the injury, all kinds of injuries.

2 the ability to read others’ mind and know what they are thinking about

3 fly 4 vanish as you like

5 the ability to see the future happenings and paint them down

6 the ability to communicate with the machines, like ATM, the elevator

7 extraordinary memory

8 the ability to teleport to the future or to the past

9 the ability to persuade others

etc.

some of them~~

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

沙发
Post on 2009-8-21 11:39:33 |View author's posts only
8. the ability to teleport to the future or to the pastI want to possess this supernatural ability because i need to know if my efforts this moment are useful and worthwhile for my future.Ohtewize,i will feel obsessed and upset just like what i feel now.i think all my effort is so worthless and it seems no matter what i do,i can't draw near my dreams

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

板凳
Post on 2009-8-21 11:54:14 |View author's posts only
LunaDEJ: 8. the ability to teleport to the future or to the pastI want to possess this supernatural ability because i need to know if my efforts this mo
After i give up the ability to read others' mind, i also choose this one.Great mind thinks alike huh~~as long as we make efforts to strive for a particular goal, it will be rewarding and worthwhile. what it takes is just time to see the arrival of that day. we just wait and see, and i'm sure you are gonna make it after your unremitting efforts

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

地板
Post on 2009-8-21 13:01:32 |View author's posts only
i choose the first one, the ability to heal itself from the injury. i am a careless girl, it is probable to suffer the hurt everytime and everywhere. if i have this ability, i will not be afraid of pain. but there's a question i want to ask you that i can heal others' injure or not if i have this ability. and by the way, can it heal the mental hurt?

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

5#
Post on 2009-8-21 14:43:52 |View author's posts only
Piano: i choose the first one, the ability to heal itself from the injury. i am a careless girl, it is probable to suffer the hurt everytime and everywhere.
well, in Heroes, the high school girl with this ability can not heal others' injury or the mental one. there are a lot of accidents in which she might die, but because of this ability, she survived. in other words, if you have this kind of self-heal ability, you are immortal~~~the supernatural abilities i listed here are for your reference and you do can share some other abilities here, such as the ability  to heal others' wound etc. in that way we can also find out how many kinds of supernatural abilities we can imagine~~~thanks for your efforts. you are quite thoughtful~~

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

6#
Post on 2009-8-21 15:46:17 |View author's posts only
Fionahere: After i give up the ability to read others' mind, i also choose this one.Great mind thinks alike huh~~as long as we make efforts to strive for a parti
Really?You choose the same one as mine?
It IS "great minds think alike"^^

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

7#
Post on 2009-8-21 16:01:53 |View author's posts only
LunaDEJ: Really?You choose the same one as mine?
It IS "great minds think alike"^^
you are absolutely right. we are a little bit narcissistic huh. Have you ever seen the TV show? the japanese man and also comic-book fan, who has this unique gift is also very cute, especiallly when he tries to teleport himself, he will frown his eyebrows exaggeratedly. later when you have the time, you can take a glimpse of him~~

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

8#
Post on 2009-8-21 16:11:42 |View author's posts only
Fionahere: you are absolutely right. we are a little bit narcissistic huh. Have you ever seen the TV show? the japanese man and also comic-book fan, who has this
I will,thanks~

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

9#
Post on 2009-8-21 17:56:57 |View author's posts only
Fionahere: well, in Heroes, the high school girl with this ability can not heal others' injury or the mental one. there are a lot of accidents in which she might
i haven't seen that film, but i am eager to. i have another thought about the ability to get into others' dream. in the dreams, i can talk with them. that's must be interesting!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Basic Member

10#
Post on 2009-8-21 19:40:45 |View author's posts only
wow... if I have the ability as you say, I'll be a superman, or some others.
but it's really very interesting.

Use Magic Report

123Next
Return Post New Thread

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 06:20