123Next
Return Post New Thread
View: 6054|Reply: 20

Have you read English original novel?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

Post on 2010-8-17 16:22:17 |View Posts
As far as i know, if you want to learn English. Reading English article is a good way to improve your English level. On the other hand, Maybe you are told that reading English original novel is a better way. There is no doubt that you will encounter a lot of difficulty, such as many new words and long sentences with complex structure. So it is not easy to insist on reading them. Here i hope you gals can share some experience with us when reading them, or you can speak out the problems that you often come across.
Hey, Guys, i'm all your ears!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Post on 2010-8-18 16:15:58 |View Posts
I have read some English novels. My recommendation is that you should begin with easy ones. Otherwise you can't insist. If you can't understand original ones yet the rewritten ones are a good option.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Post on 2010-8-18 16:45:21 |View Posts
Edelweiss: I have read some English novels. My recommendation is that you should begin with easy ones. Otherwise you can't insist. If you can't understand origin
Thanks for your sharing, for me, at least, i need read one book twice. Because the first, i just can get the general information about it and some new words desist me from getting some meanings of sentences.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Basic Member

Post on 2010-8-19 21:47:17 |View Posts
It is just an imagin for me, as I have no time.But persist in writting blogs may be a good method.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Post on 2010-8-20 18:47:22 |View Posts
wickers: It is just an imagin for me, as I have no time.But persist in writting blogs may be a good method.
That is great for you, Or maybe you have time, you can have a try. Reading is good to your writing.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Post on 2010-8-20 21:53:46 |View Posts
I have read some original novels. My favorite one is "kite runner", which has an intricate plot so that when I'm reading it, I just want to keep reading and reading to know what would happen next

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Post on 2010-8-20 22:29:47 |View Posts
Daisy19890515: I have read some original novels. My favorite one is "kite runner", which has an intricate plot so that when I'm reading it, I just want to
can you introduce something about the "kite runner"?

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Post on 2010-8-21 11:39:51 |View Posts
I  have read some original english novels, such as "black beauty" and "Jane Eyre". they are very intersting. in my opinion,you should choose the one that not too difficut to you(you may feel boring and frustrated if there are more than 50% of the essay that you can not understand),then you will be interested in reading them. for example,if you love the science fictions or romantic fictions, pick the one that most attractive to you. At first, you may encounter some new words and complex structures in the essay,but you do not need to look it up in a dictionary every time,as long as you can get the meaning from the context,if not, you'd better look it up in the dictionary. in short, interest is the most important thing.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Post on 2010-8-21 14:26:12 |View Posts
2010jj: can you introduce something about the "kite runner"?
I suggest that if you decide to read an original novel, don't read its introduction ahead of time. Because it will be rather boring to read when you have known the plot of the novel.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

Post on 2010-8-21 18:07:24 |View Posts
2010jj: Thanks for your sharing, for me, at least, i need read one book twice. Because the first, i just can get the general information about it and some new
Everyone has his/her own reading habit.

Use Magic Report

123Next
Return Post New Thread

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 14:22