手机版

商务英语邮件写作指南:by和until的区别

阅读 :

WRONG: Write the report until 5 pm.
RIGHT: Write the report by 5 pm.
Write the report until 5 pm means “Start writing the report now, continue writing it until 5 pm, then stop writing it regardless of whether it is finished or not.”

当你使用“until”意味着“从现在开始写报告,一直写,写到下午五点,然后不管你写没写完,都不能再写了”。

Write the report by 5 pm means “Make sure that at 5 pm the letter is written and finished”.

当你使用“by”就表示“确保一定要在下午五点前写完这封信”。

Use “by” when you refer to a deadline.

使用“by”,你指的是一个最后期限。

Use “until” when you refer to the period of time before a deadline.

使用“until”,你指的是在最后期限之前的一段时间。

Here’s a summary:

总结:

1. I can do it by 5 pm.

1.我能在下午五点前做完。

2. I can do it until 5 pm.

2.我会做到下午五点(不管有没有完成)。

3. I can’t do it by 5 pm.

3.下午五点前我做不完。

4. I can’t do it until 5 pm.

4.我要到下午五点才能开始做。

更多 外贸英语函电英语应用文写作商务英语写作英语求职信 相关文章和学习资料,

请继续关注 英语作文大全

本文标题:商务英语邮件写作指南:by和until的区别 - 商务英语写作_外贸英语函电_英语应用文写作
本文地址:http://www.dioenglish.com/writing/business/15673.html

相关文章

你可能感兴趣