手机版

英语短文:足球传奇----罗纳尔多

阅读 :


  Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima, known as Ronaldo, was born in Itaguai, Rio de Janeiro, in 1976. After leaving school early to pursue a career in football, he went on to become one of the greatest players of all time, leading Brazil to victory in the 2002 World Cup. In 2010, he co-founded 9ine, a sports marketing agency.

  罗纳尔多 路易斯 纳扎里奥 德利马(Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima),人们通常叫他罗纳尔多。1976年,他出生于巴西里约热内卢州的伊塔瓜伊(Itaguai)。罗纳尔多很早就离开校园,开始了足球生涯,最终成为史上最伟大的球员之一,并带领巴西夺得了2002年世界杯冠军。2010年,他与别人共同创办了体育市场营销经纪公司9ine。

  What was your earliest ambition?
  问:你最初的理想是什么?

  Like every Brazilian child, I always wanted to be a footballer.
  罗纳尔多(以下简称:罗):像每一个巴西孩子一样,我一直想成为一名足球运动员。

  Public school or state school? University or straight into work?
  问:你上的私立学校还是公立学校?上了大学、还还是没上大学就直接工作了?

  Always state schools. I left school early because of football but I plan to go back to studying soon.
  罗:一直都上公立学校。因为踢球,我很早就离开了校园,但我计划在不久后回学校继续念书。

  Who was or still is your mentor?
  问:过去和现在,谁是你的人生导师?

  My father, Nelio.
  罗:我父亲内利奥(Nelio)。

  How physically fit are you?
  问:你现在身体状况如何?

  When I stopped playing, I gave up exercising and put on some weight. But now, after three months of working out, I feel great. Just a bit more and I'll be back on the pitch again [he laughs].
  罗:退役以后,我放弃了锻炼,因此体重有所增加。但现在,经过三个月的锻炼,我感觉自己身体棒极了。只要再加强锻炼一阵子,我就会重回绿茵场(他大笑)。

  Ambition or talent: which matters more to success?
  问:抱负和天赋,哪个对成功来说更重要?

  I think it's a combination of the two. But to reach success, you need to do a lot of work.
  罗:我认为成功是两者的结合。但要取得成功,你必须付出很多努力。

  Have you ever taken an IQ test?
  问:你有没有做过智商测试?

  No, never.
  罗:没有,从来没做过。

  How politically committed are you?
  问:你对政治的兴趣如何?

  I'm only a little interested in politics. But I'm always on top of the news, both in Brazil and abroad.
  罗:我对政治只有一点点兴趣。但我一直关注新闻,包括巴西新闻和国外新闻。

  Do you consider your carbon footprint?
  问:你考虑过自己的碳足迹吗?

  I've been thinking about this more now that I'm partner of 9ine. We all need to be more aware of this.
  罗:成为9ine的合伙人以后,现在我对这个问题更加关注。我们都需要更关注这个问题。

  Do you have more than one home?
  问:你是否有多于一处住所?

  Yes, because of all my travelling. I have one in Sao Paulo and another in Rio de Janeiro. In Europe, I have an apartment in Madrid and another in Paris.
  罗:是的,因为我出差很多。我在圣保罗有一处住所,在里约热内卢也有一处。在欧洲,我在马德里和巴黎各有一套公寓。

  What would you like to own that you don't currently possess?
  问:你现在有什么想得到但还没有得到的东西?

  Nothing. I would just like Brazil to be a fairer country.
  罗:没有,我只希望巴西成为一个更公平的国家。

  What's your biggest extravagance?
  问:你做过的最奢侈的事情是什么?

  I was always a simple guy. I was never one for extravagances. But, if I had to say something, it would be having dinner at La Tour d'Argent in Paris.
  罗:我一直比较简朴。我从不追求奢侈。但如果非要说一件事,那就是,在巴黎银塔餐厅(La Tour d'Argent)吃过一次晚餐。

  In what place are you happiest?
  问:在哪里你觉得最快乐?

  I was born in Rio de Janeiro; Sao Paulo is the city I made my own; and I always feel good in Madrid. It's hard to choose.
  罗:里约热内卢是我出生的地方,圣保罗已成为我的第二故乡,我也一直喜欢马德里。因此很难选择。

  What ambitions do you still have?
  问:你现在还有什么梦想?

  I would like to be some kind of leader in Brazilian football; to work to develop sport in the country.
  罗:我想成为巴西足球的一名领导,为这个国家的体育发展做出贡献。

  What drives you on?
  问:你生活的动力是什么。

  Tomorrow.
  罗:明天。

  What is the greatest achievement of your life so far?
  问:迄今为止你人生中最大的成就是什么?

  The 2002 World Cup title in Japan.
  罗:2002年日本世界杯。

  What has been your greatest disappointment?
  问:你最大的失败是什么?

  The 1998 World Cup defeat.
  罗:1998年世界杯败北。

  If your 20-year-old self could see you now, what would he think?
  问:如果20岁的你可以看到现在的你,他会怎么想?

  I think he would be proud.
  罗:我想他会感到骄傲的。

  If you lost everything tomorrow, what would you do?
  问:假如明天你失去了一切,你会怎么做?

  I would rebuild everything.
  罗:我会重头再来。

  If you had to rate your satisfaction with your life so far, out of 10, what would you score?
  问:如果你给自己的生活满意度打分,满分是10分,那么你会打多少分?

  Definitely 10. I am very happy about everything that I have done so far.
  罗:肯定是10分。我对自己迄今做过的一切都非常满意。

  

更多 英文美文英语美文英文短文英语短文请继续关注 英语作文大全

英文博客网 - 中国最大的英语写作网站与英语学习者交流社区! - 英语日记 英语周记 英文交流社区

本文标题:英语短文:足球传奇----罗纳尔多 - 英语短文_英语美文_英文美文
本文地址:http://www.dioenglish.com/writing/essay/101666.html

相关文章

  • 小睡也有大作用

    小睡If you want to remember the information in this article, take a nap. 如果你想记住这篇文章的内容,那就先打个盹儿吧。 New research conducted by brain researcher Avi Karni of the University of Haifa...

    2019-02-01 英语短文
  • 《葬花吟》中英对照赏析

    葬花吟   (清) 曹雪芹   花谢花飞飞满天,红绡香断有谁怜?   游丝软系飘春榭,落絮轻沾扑绣帘。   闺中女儿惜春暮,愁绪满怀无处诉。...

    2019-02-22 英语短文
  • 8个理由提醒你别再期待别人的认可 英语轻松阅读

    One of the greatest freedoms is simply not caring what everyone else thinks of you. Sometimes you need to step outside, get some air, and remind yourself of who you are and what you want to...

    2018-11-01 英语短文
  • 旅行让我们变得更好 充分体验旅行的乐趣

       Traveling is one of life’s great joys. It’s a way to see the world and learn about places you’ve never been before. Here are some ways to help you make the most of your travel e...

    2019-03-15 英语短文
  • 旧约 -- 撒母耳记下(2 Samuel) -- 第9章

      9:1 大卫问说,扫罗家还有剩下的人没有。我要因约拿单的缘故向他施恩。  And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan's sake?  9:2 扫罗...

    2018-12-11 英语短文
  • Help from an Unexpected Source

      It was March 29, 1944, and the twentieth mission for our B-17 crew. We were assigned to the 401st Squadron of the "Mighty Eighth" Air Force and flying out of a former Royal Air Force base at Bas...

    2018-12-09 英语短文
  • 瓦尔登湖:Spring

      The opening of large tracts by the ice-cutters commonly causes a pond to break up earlier; for the water, agitated by the wind, even in cold weather, wears away the surrounding ice. But such was...

    2018-12-11 英语短文
  • Canyoneering( 攀岩)

      They weave through the southwest desert like a snake stalking its prey. These prehistoric geologic wonders known as slot canyons have been craved by centuries of rain and erosion. As narrow as...

    2018-12-13 英语短文
  • 英语美文:别再错过那些想法,否则就错过成功(中英双语)

    what happened to that brilliant idea that you once had? did you ignore it because you thought that it was just a little thought ? 你曾经想到过的那个非凡的主意后来怎样了? 你是否因为觉得那只...

    2018-10-31 英语短文
  • Keep Your Direction坚持你的方向

    What would you do if you failed? Many people may choose to give up. However, the surest way to success is to keep your direction and stick to your goal.On your way to success, you must keep your d...

    2018-12-14 英语短文
你可能感兴趣